Someone please explain to me WHY

i guess if it took more than 2hrs to get the fitter there and complete the work you would have to pay the parking charge for going over 2hrs??

xamtex:
i guess if it took more than 2hrs to get the fitter there and complete the work you would have to pay the parking charge for going over 2hrs??

Ourmob never got one when I was sat on Newport Pagnell n/b for over 4 1/2 hrs with a tyre gone. Idiot woman sent the tyre fitter to the wrong bleedin services.

xamtex:

So you’d rather sit on the hard shoulder ?

Anyway the msa operators allow recovery some slack in their agreements or they’d have their ■■■ kicked, they are not that unreasonable.

It was always the done thing to pull on the first few feet of the slip road hard shoulder, off the MSA boundary to avoid charges, also a lot of tyre co,s had to get authorisation to change wheels on the actual MSA itself, but to pull on the actual Mway hard shoulder is just stupid and pointless.

When I had a blow out on the 42, I had a tyre changed on the shoulder - o/s so the HATO’s shut lane 1, then the fitter said the other tyre needed changing as the tread had seperated from the casing (Remould - was fine before I left), I pulled into the services (1 mile away) and had the other one changed as well as the temp repairs to sort out the damaged mudguards.

I really can’t see any reason why it can’t be done in the services, unless it is to avoid the “2 Hour free parking limit”

Many years ago I had a front brake on my car stick on on the M25, so I made my way to South Mimms and fixed it.

No sooner did I have the wheel off than some jobsworth approached and tried to tell me that I shouldn’t be doing what I was. I told him that he could take my reg number and summons me if he wished.

He walked off, mumbling to himself…but I think there is some kind of franchise agreement where a workshop buys the rights to ripping people off for repairs on MSAs.

GasGas:
Many years ago I had a front brake on my car stick on on the M25, so I made my way to South Mimms and fixed it.

No sooner did I have the wheel off than some jobsworth approached and tried to tell me that I shouldn’t be doing what I was. I told him that he could take my reg number and summons me if he wished.

Jeez think how bad it could be now with elf&safety :open_mouth:

GasGas:
He walked off, mumbling to himself…but I think there is some kind of franchise agreement where a workshop buys the rights to ripping people off for repairs on MSAs.

That bit is wrong unless its going on under the radar,
If it is the msa’s will want and will have their balls pulled off :open_mouth: if there is any evidence of it.

They may try and only allow approved contractors on their site but that is unlikely.

speedyguy:

bodycarelad:

What sort of cheapskate, numpty idiots do you work for?

The same ones who wanted me to sit in that traffic till my 15hrs was up and find somewhere free, potentially another 4 hours in that case instead of paying for parking in services

Maybe you get the bosses you deserve :question: when they pull stunts like that if your happy to go along with it.

This free place to park you talk of, does it provide toilets or do you just use the local countryside or expect some other business to provide your tight fisted boss with a free service ?

I didnt go along with it - used my initiative, closed the curtains and called it a day, afterall if I didnt have my 9hrs off, I wouldnt of made my tip time the morning after. I paid for parking but I will claim it back, might take a while lol.

Free places we use arent usually too bad ie tescos 24hrs toilets and food, pubs nearby too for a meal.

I think some services have rules on vehicle’s being worked on while on site, probably charge the firm and recovery co or something daft.

Many years ago when my dad worked on recovery he was called out to Burton services to an artic tanker that had broken down, fairly simple fault. Went to start working on it and the manager of the services came out kicking off that they couldn’t work on it there and it’d have to be recovered.

The wagon in question had a fancy under bumper exhaust system that would have needed removing in order to lift it. A good stand off ensued until the tanker driver pointed out the chemicals he was carrying, and in a few hours it’d be making its way out and eating its way through the Tarmac, he agreed to let them fix it lol.

In fact it was only carrying Salt water anyway as it was returning to load.

dew:
I think some services have rules on vehicle’s being worked on while on site, probably charge the firm and recovery co or something daft.

Nope It’s in all their agreements that they have to allow recovery operators onto site without charging.

The prob with this is most truckers would say they’re broke down to save paying overnight parking :stuck_out_tongue: