Sick of it now.

■■■■■■■:
One of my many competing pet hates is when you take your required lane positioning in good time at a roundabout, only to have the twonks who can`t even keep their poxy car in their own lane, cut right across your front end, forcing you to brake until they drift back into their own space.

Another one that peed me off yesterday was at the gridlocked 5ways roundabout on the A11. Rather than block the roundabout, i kept it usable from my left until i had enough space ahead to clear the r/about. Of course, every time a car length space developed, some brainless, selfish prat would zip over and fill it. Against my better judgement and nature, i was left with no choice but to creep across and block it, or id have been there all friggin day. :imp:

Totally agree with that. You try to do the right thing and then some selfish nob head fills the space and blocks the whole roundabout off. The cars behind you see that you’re sitting still so go past you and block off the roundabout again. I despair I really do. And what is it with motorists that sit behind you on a dual carriage way and only try to overtake you on a roundabout when you need the most space?

cheekymonkey:
Thats it, Im sick of people pulling out in front of me from slip roads. The A19 seems particularly bad. I had to come to a standstill yesterday after locking everything up when the first car was waiting to pull out, the second car inching out behind him and a third car pulling straight out behind them all into the flow of traffic, then the 2nd car pulled out in front of *him* causing mayhem. I had nowhere to go. Someone did it again today. Whats so difficult to understand? You come to a give way point and wait for a safe gap. Why dont they do educational films on telly anymore?

Your fault.

Ched:
And what is it with motorists that sit behind you on a dual carriage way and only try to overtake you on a roundabout when you need the most space?

That’s a ■■■■ boiler for me. I work nights and a lot of it is on rural d/cs. I can be driving along and not see another vehicle for 10 mins or more but as soon as I approach a rbt I can virtually guarantee a car or van appearing in lane 2 behind me, wanting to be alongside me on the rbt. I’ve given up accommodating them now and straddle both lanes just before entering so that they have to wait. Sick of having to brush off all my speed down to 10mph just to follow the lines when I can apex it doing 30 and keep some momentum going.

truckman020:
if there is nowhere for me to pull out when traffic is in the middle lane ,and the car on the inside insists on keep coming then I run them up the hardshoulder,i will not brake for them to pull out as I have right of way,so they can do 2 things either pull back and come in behind or hit you,if they hit they are in the wrong, simple,it does create a lot of hassle if they hit but fortunately it has not happened to me yet as they allways give way rather than mess with a 44 tonner,dont get me wrong if I can pull out and allow them out I will do,but If I cant the call is theirs on what they decide to do,pull back,run up the hardshoulder, or hit my wagon

They don’t though, they fly up the hard shoulder, force into the little gap in front of you, then brake test you…

Latique:

G6Bob:
I’ve been off all this week, and off next week too. So been doing a lot of car driving during the day, at some point on every journey I’ve made, I’ve had someone inches off my towbar… Really starting to get on my nerves. Driving much slower, giving them the opportunity to pass me… Nope, happy to sit on my tail.

The village I live in is quite rural, lots of narrow country roads with the occasional blind bend. The other day, I had three cars come round bends in the middle of the road, all three within 5 minutes of each other. It gets even worse when the good weather brings the walkers out, and they walk down the narrow roads, and morons in cars just move over to get past them… As I’m coming round the corner!!! Lots of near misses, and if they scuffed my car, I wonder how many of them would stop and hand over their details

I was looking at getting a newish Astra estate, to replace the Astra estate I have just now. But there is no way I’m spending £10-12,000 on a car, for someone to scrape it and drive away leaving me to foot the bill. I’m going to be looking at a old Discovery or Shogun\L200, probably have scraps on it anyway, costing £800-1500, and if anyone comes round a bend and scrapes it in their flashy Audi, Beemer or what ever… Fine by me. If they then drive off without stopping… Fine by me.

this is why i now drive a 1993 1.2 corsa merit that cost me £250 if you want to force your way through in your flash german [zb] waggon do it i ant swerving or moving over hit me and it will cost YOU at lot more than me . tho getting used to no power steering abs electric windows or aircon is proving to be fun

I have a 14yr old BMW 530D Estate, quite a nice car in it’s day, but now it’s worth a couple of hundred quid, got nearly 190,000 on the clock, it got wrote off (cat d) a couple of years ago and I just drive and park it where I want, no worries about anyone hitting it

Left hand down!:

Ched:
And what is it with motorists that sit behind you on a dual carriage way and only try to overtake you on a roundabout when you need the most space?

That’s a ■■■■ boiler for me. I work nights and a lot of it is on rural d/cs. I can be driving along and not see another vehicle for 10 mins or more but as soon as I approach a rbt I can virtually guarantee a car or van appearing in lane 2 behind me, wanting to be alongside me on the rbt. I’ve given up accommodating them now and straddle both lanes just before entering so that they have to wait. Sick of having to brush off all my speed down to 10mph just to follow the lines when I can apex it doing 30 and keep some momentum going.

lol I understand that. Half of the week I’m on motorways at night and I won’t see any other traffic until I get close to another lorry that I need to overtake. You can guarantee that there will be a car or van in the middle lane in the distance. If I wait to let them pass then I have to slow down to avoid hitting the lorry in front. If I pull out safely then I have to pull out ridicuosly early so it looks like im a middle lane hogger. Either way there is ALWAYS a car in the way whenever I need to change lane. Even at 3AM. Something to do with murpheys law