Selecting a training centre

I considered AJM for my training. I often see them driving about in New Brighton.
I decided to do my training with TRUK in Warrington in the end but failed my first go at the test and never got round to retaking it because I got caught up doing something else.
Keep us posted on your training and best of luck with with your test on the 3rd July. Be sure to let us know how you get on.

christianh:
Thx for the goodluck but I didn’t complete my training with AJM …I wasn’t prepared to take my test in a truck with a dodgy clutch and a seat that moved up and down at random when driving. Was hard enough trying to get a feel for the pedals, clutch biting point etc, without being moved up and down a few inchess at random! My arse went totally when it dropped all the way down lol about 6 inches!!! Sounds funny n suppose it was but not on my hard earned cash!

Instructor bloke was nice but wasn’t driving that piece of [zb] basically :frowning:

What were Truk like mate?

Edited to add : my test was in Kirkby about 15 miles from the training centre BUT I wasn’t going to be taken around Kirkby itself until I insisted I wanted to atleast go there once, to which the reply was ‘ok but you can pay the mersey tunnel fees’ and ‘we’ll see if we can get over there Monday’. Find it a bit strange I wasn’t going to be driving where my test was taking place.

I’m glad I didn’t go with them now!
Truk were great mate. I didn’t have a problem with them. I was doing 2 hours training a week and paying as I went.
The Warrington office is run by Neil, who’s a really nice bloke.
I’d certainly pay them a visit to have a chat because when I was doing my training the office next door was being refurbished by a guy who was setting up a glamour photography studio! Should be up and running now. :wink:

christianh:

Markymark:
Cheers for the info will update when I’ve been.

Why don’t you go for your test or are you happy what you’re doing now?

I was learning the truck driving so I could get my license and leave the job I was at because I was unhappy there. But then they announced an early redundancy package, so I ended up putting in for that and left and went to college to do web design, which is what I’m doing at the moment. If the web design doesn’t work out though I’d probably go for the truck driving route again.

Congrats on the job offer mate. Hope it works out for you.