Scotland..more lorry driver friendly?

Yes definately more hospitable the further north you go, people living out in the sticks even in the small towns do actually realise they’d be stuffed without trucks bringing supplies in, and taking their locally produced products away.
Delivering to farms anywhere its not unusual to get offered a brew, but go further up north and it’ll be tea, sandwichs, cakes and something a little stronger in your coffee if you care to partake :grimacing: And if its getting towards the end of the day you’ll get offered full overnight parking in the farmyard and a slap up meal sitting with the family as a guest of honour :sunglasses: .

Big Joe:
Yes definately more hospitable the further north you go, people living out in the sticks even in the small towns do actually realise they’d be stuffed without trucks bringing supplies in, and taking their locally produced products away.
Delivering to farms anywhere its not unusual to get offered a brew, but go further up north and it’ll be tea, sandwichs, cakes and something a little stronger in your coffee if you care to partake :grimacing: And if its getting towards the end of the day you’ll get offered full overnight parking in the farmyard and a slap up meal sitting with the family as a guest of honour :sunglasses: .

Just how far north do I need to go for this? I’m a regular around Inverness & Aberdeen, but never been fed cakes nor a sandwich! :cry:

busteredwards:

Big Joe:

Just how far north do I need to go for this? I’m a regular around Inverness & Aberdeen, but never been fed cakes nor a sandwich! :cry:

anywhere north of tain and over on the west coast, been guest of honour in a few households i’v deliverd too up there.

Southerners are idiots beeping their horns if delayed by one second.
The further North you go the less need to don the hi viz and follow health and safety to the letter.
Since when has anyone been squatted by a juggernaut by NOT wearing a hiviz do not knock me down jacket.

Ok - It looks as if things have changed a lot since I used to do Scotch. Back then, as soon as the sausage came in squares, and the tea went in the mug before the milk, you checked that the door was locked, and kept a very sharp lookout for plod.

Nights out in Glasgow were an education. “Mind yer lorry mister?” Bars with real bars on the windies and a serious anti English attitude - one certainly learned to keep one’s mouth shut. Waste of time asking directions since you probably wouldn’t understand the answer, and they would likely be sending you wrong anyway.

Nights out in Edinburgh were OK - there was good parking and the landlord at the digs collected us and drove us back in the morning. He was gay though - didn’t worry me but some were bothered by it.

Nights out in Perth - OMG. Huge car park in the middle of town - great. The digs - worst I ever used. They were old army huts with about twenty narrow beds like a barracks. Drivers coming and going all night, some drunk. All for ten bob, including what passed for an evening meal.

The scenery was great though, and oddly, the people I met at drops and collections were always most friendly and helpful.

DAF95XF:
The further north you go the more tolerant I find they get…

They certainly are more racist the further north you go…:exclamation::!::!:

Fatboy slimslow:

DrivingMissDaisy:

happysack:
God no. Scotland is a despicable horrible place. Totally un truck friendly. Avoid at all costs. Please stay down sarf.:wink:

Spot on pal… :wink:

happysacks taking the pish pal :sunglasses: :laughing: :grimacing:

I know… :wink:

Pimpdaddy:

DAF95XF:
The further north you go the more tolerant I find they get…

They certainly are more racist the further north you go…:exclamation::!::!:

Aye…the John O Groats chapter of the Klu Klux ‘clan’ takes some beating…eh? :unamused:

Big Joe:

very true , delivered to wick a couple of months ago ,got a sit down meal and a wee something ( a scotch pie, bag o crisps and choccy bar) for the road home :smiley: :smiley:

[/quote]
Passing fly fishermen wearing waders in the river to Coldstream.
[/quote]
Nice place for a swim that . . or were you on the bike that weekend?

I’m up as far as Buckie next week. Anyone know a good place to park? The nearest I know is keith or Elgin.

Born Idle:
I’m up as far as Buckie next week. Anyone know a good place to park? The nearest I know is keith or Elgin.

if you can make buckie there is a little ind est beside boortmalt or type this into your satnav
AB56 4BY thats the postcode for a firm on that estate, if you want summat too eat and you travel from elgin then take first road into buckie and you will see tesco on the left or you can go straight over the r/a travel down too town centre to mini r/a turn right and a chippy just on right beside the pedestrian crossing, further along on the right is a indian and on the left a chinese.
if you want a shower then go down the harbour and go into the wieghbridge office and they will give you the key for the showers which cost 50p for 15 mins of hot water.

Cheers for that.

Thes a big layby just passed the tescos in Buckie wer you could park… not to far from the frier chippy either… If your parking in industrial est past the maltings take the 1st right after roundabout… Don’t take the second as it’s a dead end and The Real Mckays yard is there and we drop and leave fridges running :slight_smile: also can be busy with us coming and going