Sat Nav and Tech Dependency

Lindberg and Yeager were American the former managing to fly an navigate and land his way from US and into Europe with no forward vision whatsoever out of his single engined plane or help from ground controllers.
Chuck Yeager seemed to be more than able to compete with his German counterparts on their own turf and was then second to none in the jet age
In addition to all those fighter pilots and B17 and B29 crews who could find their way variously around Europe or between Europe and Africa or around the Pacific and Japan.
Pilots are born not taught and qualified by others and a book.

The only “born aviators” came from eggs.

OK, apart from bats.

Maybe CF is a natu… :grinning:

I don’t think there is a word or phrase in the entire English language to accurately describe CF :grin:

I don’t think that a pigeon or a bat would have done a better job of flying the plane in this case.

Evolution? You might well have a point.

World Knowledge? We don`t see those same questions being answered by Brits or other nationalities for comparison, do we?

I wanted to test myself but all the answers are plain to see. Far too easy to say “Yeah, I`m sure I knew that anyway”.

(I`m sure I would have got 100% though)
( I am bigly, bigly, clever at countries and stuff)

My satnav is always on mute and I make sure I look at those big metal sheets with writing and pictures on as well as the withe paint on the road
SATNAV IS A GUIDE ONLY AND DON’T NEGATE YOU FROM RULES OF THE HIGWAY CODE