Road chef require HGV drivers comments

reference the fines,i would like to know where they stand as regards the law,i was done at thurrock services for £50 i paid it but then thought what if i had not paid, what could they do,after all it is a civil offence[as far as i know]could the police get involved

truckman20:
reference the fines,i would like to know where they stand as regards the law,i was done at thurrock services for £50 i paid it but then thought what if i had not paid, what could they do,after all it is a civil offence[as far as i know]could the police get involved

They aren’t fines and the Police can’t get involved.

toby1234abc:
The Southern Star does not have to pay to park

That’s it in ten words Toby! :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

NewLad:
Good walk round check you did there Harry!

I don’t just do one check a day, I check it over every time I stop so I don’t need to check, for example that there is enough tread on the tyres if there was enough an hour before I pulled up for the evening. :wink:

Of course Harry, I don’t doubt it for a minute :smiley:

Which Msa was the first to charge parking and which year was it.?
On other roads, why can’ t the farmers tarmac a large area of land by the big lay bys.
They could get a grant from the EU or the UK Government.
There is a huge shortage in Lgv parking in the UK.
I once parked up on waste ground near a housing estate.
This chap opened his window to shout out “You better not be parking there waking me up in the morning.”
Roll on Southern Star.Pay them not one penny.
The bills they send coukd light the bonfire for Guy Fawkes night.

toby1234abc:
Roll on Southern Star.Pay them not one penny.

Well. I do regard private parking companies as “the enemy”, nothing more than legitimised clampers, companies owned by some Hooray-Henry with two swimming pools, so obviously I mess them around as much as I can. :wink:

NewLad:

Harry Monk:

NewLad:
Good walk round check you did there Harry!

I don’t just do one check a day, I check it over every time I stop so I don’t need to check, for example that there is enough tread on the tyres if there was enough an hour before I pulled up for the evening. :wink:

Of course Harry, I don’t doubt it for a minute :smiley:

If it’s good enough for VOSA then it’s good enough for TruckNet CSI. :wink:

Harry Monk:

trubster:
And why is it about £30 to park up at strensham services… that is a joke

Its the most expensive Roadchef MSA to park at in the UK!

I use their “Premium Service”, whereby I don’t pay them and then they send me two photos of my truck, completely free of charge. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s funny :laughing:

I used to use that too, I did wonder if they would pursue the matter further, but they never did :sunglasses:

Only downside was the price of a burger in BK :cry:

Trukkertone:
i like the bit where it says “parked on our client’s property”
now correct me if i’m wrong,
i thought the service areas were leased from the government, or am i living in the past.■■

Your living in the past only 20 are still leased.

Quick question for Monky,
If you provided a haulage or driver service and you or your company didn’t get paid would you want to continue to provide a decent service or as little as possible ?

MSA’s are just private businesses like Tesco,The Corner shop, Joe bloggs haulage or Stobarts.

The only difference is size ? Would you still try and rip off a small family owned business like Westmorland/Tebay off on parking charges or just the bigger operator’s?