poser moment

Andy were you at Bullens when baldy Bobby was there also Allan Bell ?

Some years ago I was the Assistant Warehouse Manager at a Paper Merchants. I was in charge of routing the HGV drivers and I felt that I needed to get my Class 2 licence to have any kind of respect in the job. I did that off my own back at my own expense. It was a really nice feeling when I passed the test on a really wet and miserable January day. Below is the first truck I took on the road at that company after passing, an Iveco 18 tonner.

My first poser moment was the first time I drove off the boat in Calias heading for Italy in a McKellars Scania 113 rear lift way back in 1989 fan-bleeding-tastic :laughing: :wink:

Andy were you at Bullens when baldy Bobby was there also Allan Bell ?

Sure was Willie. I worked with them at South Street, before they were swallowed up by Exel and moved up to Hawthorn Street with Pickfords and Hoults. Spent many a wild night down in Newton Le Willows with the mad bunch. I can still smell auld Bobbys feet :cry: :cry: . Do you remember Gill. He could make a pair of socks last a week by turning them inside out after 3 days. God I couldn’t cope with that now.

Evening Gents,
My poser moment was last Sunday, my first day out on my own driving class 1. :smiley: Enjoyed every bit of it, even the reversing :blush: :blush: It was a massive learning curve as i’ve never done class 2 work and went straight into class 1 work :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused:
Regards Smokinbarrels :smiley:Photobucket

I’ll be doing just that posing moment tomorrow… pics to follow!

Andy smg:
1988…when I got to drive this for the first time…

Delivering the goods since 1987!
My Trucking Blog

I never got to that standard early on Shrek. You must have been well proud mate.

I was quite possibly the proudest person alive, the first time I got to drive that truck!

allikat:
I’ll be doing just that posing moment tomorrow… pics to follow!

Hey, good luck then mate! Let us know how your day goes.

Got her signed up today, so off for a pose tomorrow !

I cant actually think of a ‘pose’ moment, but if somebody asks what I do for a living I dont admit to being an HGV driver (albeit unemployed). You could say I prefer to maintain a ‘low profile’ :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tiger.

never had a poser moment ,just been work to me ,apart from the time ,i walked into a reception area and one secretaarty said to another ,I COULD DO WITH A BIT OF THAT :laughing: i parked up there that night. so maybe i was a poser in a cut off t shirt :laughing: and yes she could and did :laughing: (before youse all start it was a while ago) :laughing:

scania245:
never had a poser moment ,just been work to me ,apart from the time ,i walked into a reception area and one secretaarty said to another ,I COULD DO WITH A BIT OF THAT :laughing: i parked up there that night. so maybe i was a poser in a cut off t shirt :laughing: and yes she could and did :laughing: (before youse all start it was a while ago) :laughing:

You dirty stop out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dids, thats a nice looking motor you lucky sod :wink:

Mine was driving this. It was my first day on an artic. It was a hot July Saturday, as I was gaining experience at the weekends.

As I was going over the Dartford crossing, about 8am, I had a coffee in my hand from Thurrock services, and I wound down the window, felt the cool breeze, put my arm out, and thought “I made it, my childhood dream of piloting an artic”

image resized…Denis F