Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 2)

Bakers AECs
Bakers line up 2

Last Marathon

Some random photos i have , the blue Foden was brand new when that was taken operated by Parkinson Spencer Refractories at Halifax.My boss at the time bought it to do continental but it was too short to fit under the tilts and curtainsiders so got it with a flat trailer . A great motor

1 Like

Bakers Marshall
H Baker Marshall , they knew how to look after their fleet

1 Like

1 Like

IMG-20240609-WA0003
IMG-20240609-WA0002

1 Like

Found it, it’s here if anyone’s interested apart from me.

1 Like

The 6x4 is an impressive motor do you know what engine and transmission spec ?.

1 Like

335 Cummins and 9 speed Fuller i would think

Hiya E W
Pleased to hear from you and I hope you are keeping well !
Thanks for your kind comment it is appreciated but really, along with a number of others, I am done with this TN site as it has been made far too complicated to navigate so i have voted with my feet ! can I wish you all the best for the future .
Kind Regards
Dennis.

Hi Ramone,
Best of luck to you in your perseverance to continue on the TN site so who knows it may be booming in a while ! Unfortunately the new format is not for me and apparently not for a number of previously dedicated TN members like myself ! However I note that the new set up has not shaken off the attentions of The Leatherhead 1 ! Regards Dennis.

1 Like

I can’t get my head around the new website either, I’m slightly technophobic so sometimes struggle to navigate around to find what I need.

It was a bit of a learning curve at first but, is it really that hard to get to grips with?
Those who liked the “read count” have lost that, but actually uploading pix is a lot easier

1 Like

Leave it out Bewick.Cut the whingeing.You can obviously write a load of negative bollox so you can actually just get back to writing useful positive or not so positive stuff in the same box.A good justified moan ain’t the same thing as whingeing.

I meant in the Foden ?.

435516166_979205703723451_6691673187269631563_n
435516166_979205703723451_6691673187269631563_n
images (43)

1 Like

They ran a few 6x4s and tried i think 320 Gardners to start and i would guess 320 Cummins with 9 or 13 speed fullers. They moved to Cat but i heard they proved troublesome.The 4x2s had 290 RR and appeared on an ad campaign by RR. They had a F88 240 a d a F12 earlier then moved to DAF before Foden became their preffered make

Dennis I am in total agreement with you on this subject but despite my postings stressing the same as you nought has altered, the bods in charge do not want to listen to any of us so it is a personal choice to use or not, I occasionally post but usually on our own thread just to keep it up there but lost all enthusiasm for ought else, Buzzer

Your dead right John but as the saying goes " Common sense and business acumen is not a requirement here" before long CF will have been appointed a Mod !
Regards
Dennis.

Thanks Dennis, and i wish you all the best also. It feels like i have known you a lifetime over the last 14 yrs since i joined trucknet , and i enjoyed reading your informative posts during that time.

Take care now. :+1:

Buzzer, i also echo your sentiments and it’s same here!

E.W.

1 Like

F88 to F12 to DAF to Foden.That’s an interesting approval for Foden.