Parking in laybys

OTS:
So putting a bike light at the front and back of a artic would be enough to keep plod of your back :smiley:

Yup. In fact the old trailer lights that had a split red/white cover will do - you only have to display a red light towards the rear and a white light towards the front on the road side of the vehicle. Doesnā€™t even need a light at the front AND a light at the rear, just one showing. Daft, but trueā€¦

OTS:
So putting a bike light at the front and back of a artic would be enough to keep plod of your back :smiley:

No I tried that outside my house, It didnā€™t work I got a ticket.

altitude:

OTS:

No I tried that outside my house, It didnā€™t work I got a ticket.

Old German cars like VW and Audi had a split parking light. If you put the right hand indicator on with the lights and ignition off, it would light one side of the car up

If i was to drop the trailer and park unit in front , would only have to put lights on the unit , its not to bad in the summer months, but winter i can see this being a drain on the batterys especially with the night heater running

FLIP:

toowise:

Wheel Nut:
There are still a few places that you can get away with parking without lights. A regular stop for me was at Bean near the cafe, it was nice to get up to a nice cuppa and a big sausage cob

Go on then Wheelnut enlighten me please, Ive bean :blush: :blush: trying to rack my brains thinking where this is. Somewhere back in the mists of time it rings a bell but I must be half baked :blush: :blush: coz I cant remember.

The old A2. Runs to the left of the ā€œnewā€ twin track. Quarry hole on the left Merrychest Cafe on the right. Lay by on the left side of road about 400yds long. Leads out onto the dual carriageway at the top of the bank where the coast bound carriageway becomes 4 lane.

Cheers flip, I know where it is now. last time i was down that way was 1999, thats why i didnt remember it,all came back as soon as i read A2.

I daredent leave my phone on charge overnight never mind lights on,

It seeme to me that the coppers concerned were a bit on the zealous side, but then you do get some bad parking in the lay-bys hereabouts, with the arse end of trailers a full 18" or so out into the carrigeway. As Iā€™ve mentioned in previous posts, theres a chronic lack of quality parking round here, and the filth should take that into account when harrassing hard pressed truckers.
It makes me smile, they canā€™t catch the hooded nonesense case thats been preying on women for the last how many months, they canā€™t even catch the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  who stole my daughters bike the other day :imp: But they can always be relied upon to be around when theres a ticket or two to hand out. Its like everything else right now, itā€™s all accountancy led, and weā€™re the easy target.

iangam:
Iā€™ve been done for this, when i looked into it if the layby does not have a designated parking area then you should leave lights on, I use LED bike lights on the off side front and back as parking lights and I have had no trouble since and these things will go for a month of nights out on the same batteries. Bike lights from the pound shop, happy days. Although I do avoid small laybys when ever possible. I got one ticket at the top of A15 nr 180, and that layby is fairly wide.

looks like a trip to the Ā£1 shop thenā€¦ will just stick the cost on my expenses :smiley: :smiley:

and what about laybys that have a marked area on the floor between the road edge and parking layby areaā€¦ are these areas ok to park in? or does it have to be a kerb/hedge etcā€¦ just ashame most laybys well off the road seem to be full of bummers :unamused: :unamused:

borrow some flashing lights off the top of a cone at some roadworks,one each end of the lorry should do the trick :sunglasses:

Wheel Nut:
Old German cars like VW and Audi had a split parking light. If you put the right hand indicator on with the lights and ignition off, it would light one side of the car up

I had a Senator that did that.Wasn`t that long ago,early nineties I think.It was German built as standard and converted to rh drive for UK.Great car but killed my back as the pedals were offset.

The driver for Browns bet he wished he never parked on the side of the A50 by uttoxeter this morning,cos a comet wagon hit him and ripped his trailer apart.

Hell of a mess.

I went past that at about 7 ish, It didnt look as if there was much damage to the Comet tractor unit but you could see bits of the trailer sticking out.
Browns fridge trailer was a right mess, virtually took the whole side out.
Hope both drivers are okā€¦But it proves a point about parking in narrow laybys at the side of a busy road like the A50.
Bet Comet have a special offer on plasma Tvā€™s next week :smiley: