Overtaking

Still plenty of well-used back roads in my area that are too narrow to leave a metre, so you could drive miles and not get past, how does it work then? You could follow a bike for miles.
Bernard

Well I’m shocked at some of the replies on this thread, a pro cycling forum such as this should always champion giving a cyclist as much room as possible.

Me I give them acres of room for irony purposes infact dual carriageways are best where I change lane and treat the cyclist as another vehicle. If you time this right it’s possible to leave to much room which can tempt a car into the space then pulling over at just right moment can push the car towards the cyclist. Takes some planning to pull off correctly and careful use of one’s mirrors to ensure there’s no dashcams about.

[Oops knowing how sensitive our cycling friends can be I must state that I would never do this but I’m illustrating how leaving to much room can be very dangerous, as a Lycra lover myself (don’t even have a bike just love to wear the stuff for dry ■■■■■■■ the wife) I would never knowingly endanger another road user.]

Dipper - concentrate on this

peterm:
We’ve already got the 1 metre rule over here, and as said before, it’s virtually unenforceable.

I see in the land of Aus they have just banned the practice of throwing things at cyclists from cars :open_mouth:
they have apparently also made it illegal for pedestrians to throw things at trucks - what a whacky place!
canberratimes.com.au/act-new … phmc3.html

Bluey Circles:
Dipper - concentrate on this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeHCq6fFkNo

Quality. :slight_smile:

Bluey Circles:

peterm:
We’ve already got the 1 metre rule over here, and as said before, it’s virtually unenforceable.

I see in the land of Aus they have just banned the practice of throwing things at cyclists from cars :open_mouth:
they have apparently also made it illegal for pedestrians to throw things at trucks - what a whacky place!
canberratimes.com.au/act-new … phmc3.html

:laughing: :laughing: