One for the part timers / weekend drivers

So after having my weekly rest, as long as I obey the regs on my days driving, when I’m finished driving, I can ignore them till my weekly rest period again?

TokenYank:
So after having my weekly rest, as long as I obey the regs on my days driving, when I’m finished driving, I can ignore them till my weekly rest period again?

You only need to comply with the EU driver regulations break/rest requirements on days that you drive in-scope of EU regulations if that’s what you mean, the records for none driving days are simply to show that you’ve complied with the regulations daily rest requirement on days that you drive to EU regulations and the weekly rest requirement.

tachograph:

Wheel Nut:

tachograph:

Andrejs:
under Eu rule the record must be either-
written manualy on a chart
wrutten manually on a printout from a digital taxo.
made by using the manual input facility of dig.tachograf or
for day where a driver has been subject to domestic drivers hours rules and a record is legally requared,recorded log book.full info in page 39

You’re right, I thought using charts ec’t was a VOSA requirement but after checking I see it’s specified in article 6 of (EC) 561/2006.

Which has nothing to do with BB or anyone else in the UK.

One thing to remember is the Traffic Commissioner is not employed by VOSA and VOSA is not involved in the ultimate decision making, they only gather evidence and work for the TC

I’m sorry I don’t understand what you’re getting at :confused:

We work to EU regulations ((EC) 561/2006) or domestic regulations (Transport Act 1968 - Part VI), amongst other responsibilities VOSA are charged with monitoring and enforcing the compliance of those regulations on behalf of the TC.

As such VOSA can use some discretion in the way the regulations are enforced.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood your post :wink:

---------------------one question to you.
but if i am had normal wekly rest last weekend ,next week me don t need provide printout to VOSA???I THINK ANY WAY I NEED KEEP ALL MANUAL ENTRY IN PRINTOUT FOR LAST 28 DAY,AND GIVE TO vosa,if they stop me■■?

Andrejs:
but if i am had normal wekly rest last weekend ,next week me don t need provide printout to VOSA???I THINK ANY WAY I NEED KEEP ALL MANUAL ENTRY IN PRINTOUT FOR LAST 28 DAY,AND GIVE TO vosa,if they stop me■■?

The minimum your records need to cover is in the bold part at the end of this earlier post of mine.

You need to carry your digital driver card (if you have one) any time you drive to the EU rules, even if you are driving an analogue equipped vehicle and have never used the card. You also need to carry any analogue charts and legally required digital printouts (such as those with manual records written on the back) for the current day and the 28 days before the current day - i.e. today, yesterday and 27 more complete days.

The analogue charts and digital printouts should be handed in to the relevant employer(s) once you no longer need to carry them.

TokenYank:
Gotcha… Well in my current role as security guard, I’m not allowed dinner hours or rest breaks… In between patrols I have to sit monitoring CCTV while I eat… So is my employer now breaking the law in not giving me my 45 minutes every 4.5 hrs worked?

A silly question, if you were sat in a truck for 10 mins then did 4hrs 20mins in the warehouse, do you need a break? No, it’s 4.5hrs DRIVING not 4.5hrs work, and sitting infront of CCTV isn’t driving (last time I checked)

sound. Well after yesterday and today doing my security work, I’m very probably going to be handing my notice in soon, and telling the agency that I am available to work for them full time if they need… After being put on sunday day shifts, I’ve been having a bit of a moan about not being able to have bevvies with the wife and friends at the weekend, so now my shifts are going to change to friday-monday 12 hour night shifts (how this is supposed to help my situation I will never know)…

anyway, looks like I’m gonna only have to worry about driving time here in a couple weeks… :smiley:

TokenYank:
sound. Well after yesterday and today doing my security work, I’m very probably going to be handing my notice in soon, and telling the agency that I am available to work for them full time if they need… After being put on sunday day shifts, I’ve been having a bit of a moan about not being able to have bevvies with the wife and friends at the weekend, so now my shifts are going to change to friday-monday 12 hour night shifts (how this is supposed to help my situation I will never know)…

anyway, looks like I’m gonna only have to worry about driving time here in a couple weeks… :smiley:

If you’ve got bills to pay, stick with the security (secure) job, agency’s been a bit quiet this week, and that happens now and then, but the bills still keep comin’ at their usual rate.

i am as well part time driver.normaly put all info from last driving day till next driving day(normally one week,some time 2) my non driving job in prevision last day printout.ARE IT IS OK.it is AS WELL POSSIBLE JUST TAKED NEW ANALOGIE CHATS AND SIMPLY IN THE BACK SIDE RIGHT in the back side name ,surname and full info about working hours■■?