One Day Diary - 22/05/2009

Danbury Haulage are still going but struggling like everyone else, they run out of the quarry where the shovel came from. The livery is the same white cab, blue stripe and they are running DaFoden Alpha 8 wheelers (maybe 20 odd) they also have a few artics but these are Stralises (Strali?)

Think that was you i was beebing today at the roundabout near waltham abbey i had just loaded at sainsburys i was in the white and blue scanna

Yes it was me, peering through my fogged up screen. I thought who the hell is making that racket, then spotted some ugly mug in a blue & white Topline have a good gawp. I figured that it’d probably be you,I did put my hand up but my reaction was a bit slow.

Well i did say i would beb flash and wave :laughing: :laughing:

nice dairy 8 wheels, been waiting for a fresh one, its been too long!!

Excellent diary mate…really been missing the truckers blog :wink: .At the quarry where i used to work no one ever wanted to go on the lowloader if the regular driver was off and now they have just bought a nice new shiny Scania 480 and still no one wants a go…i would if i were still there, especially after reading your diary’s…keep up the great work mate :wink:

Al

Cracking diary and pictures mate. When I’m on the 6 wheel rigid and three axle trailer dropping plant off I’m forever splitting the unit down due to some fresh out of school agent saying " you get down here no prob’s "but they seem to forget you have to have considerable more room to load/unload the said plant. I’m so glad I don’t do self drive plant anymore. When every tom ■■■■ and harry were re-mortgaging their house a couple of years ago doing extensions some of the accesses were nigh on impossible to get to The same on the brick lorries always doubling up on the rigid not a safe practice for a novice ■■■■ meself a few times on the potholes :smiley:

But 8 wheels you are not just a m’way pounder you have other factors to take into consideration and it’s great this time of year with longer daylight and fine weather come winter flat batteries and slippy decks you earn your crust.