One bit down, several more to go

I doubt very much that you need to be a citizen to hold a Hazmat lic.
I’ve just renewed my FL CDL and they asked nothing about the subject. I’m a permanent res.
Besides, believe me, Immigration couldn’t care less regardless of the publicity.
But fingerprinting and background checks are coming and I’ve been told it’ll cost around $75…It’s all about money. Funny!! I thought they did that when I got the Green Card…
As for floating the gears, it’s all about practice, practice and more. It’ll come
How would you like to drive a truck, a brand new Peterbilt, to boot and when you downshift to gain some torque as you go uphill, and the engine and ■■■■■■ just spins, as if the clutch has gone. It will only engage if the revs drop to 1500.
Talk about a flawed ■■■■■■…Eaton/Fuller. The 2 top gears are automatic. It’s the worst ■■■■■■ I’ve had, just garbage…Oh well c’est le vie… :unamused: :smiling_imp:

Chris,
What’s the fingerprint etc for :question: As you say ‘We go through all that for the green card’ I have just had my two year one extended to a full green card and I did need fresh photos and new finger prints, but no charge :exclamation:

By the way, what area do you drive in :question:

It seems I may have been a little misinformed… comes from reading official documents :laughing:
The ND CDL manual says that you need to be a citizen or permenant resident to get Hazmat, but the DOT itself, when queried told me that a work visa would suffice. Funny huh? You can tell where they got their red-tape shipped in from :wink:

When I got my learner permit and passed the doubles and tripples test I was an ilegal imigrant, I was also asked if I wanted to take hazmat :question:
No one asked fro SS# or green card.