On the milk for unigate

Stuffed at the back of our workshops yard was a Leyland Octopus with a fridge box…don’t ask me what model. It was there for a few years before it was unloaded (storage) and then scrapped. I did get in it once (aged 16) but it was covered in spiders webs and dust. Flat dash, huge steering wheel and push up windows I think. Didn’t have a camera then!

I think that scammell WMT313 was the shunt unit at Luton dairy ?..travelled many a mile in those riding shotgun with my dad…28mph

Trailer logos didn’t change much.

Workshop shunter (all white), new TK and fleet TK.

cliffpark06:
My dad worked at uttoxeter for years,got some pics somewhere

Would your dad remember a driver called Frank Castle on a Scamell and his son in the workshop

gazzer:
Workshop shunter (all white), new TK and fleet TK.

these seddon 's stared to replace the KM’S at wood lane

rastone:

cliffpark06:
My dad worked at uttoxeter for years,got some pics somewhere

Would your dad remember a driver called Frank Castle on a Scamell and his son in the workshop

Not a name I remember dad died five years ago so can’t ask him☹️

These guys used to deliver the new milk floats.

DSCN1204.JPG

we had this unit on trial for a few weeks. …we gave it the thumbs down, so they sent us 2 to add to our fleet

I thought I had posted this but hobviosly not: These guys delivered the new floats to be painted up and kitted out before use.

DSCN1204.JPG

I’m sure I posted this before…
New float deliveries to Stratton Road Workshops for prep.

DSCN1204.JPG

tipping westway 1992 ish

milkman tom. I would have been there then, I was yard shunter…did you run out of thatcham ?

orite jim cab I was based up in ■■■■■■■ [aspatria] we spent a lot of time tramping around Britain