Number plates

What I’ve been wondering about number plates is what’s going to happen next year ?

I mean, as I’m sure we all know, at the moment we have AB 09 ABC, and AB 59 ABC the ‘59’ covering vehicles registered in the latter half of the year / early next year.

So what happens next year ? AB 10 ABC ? So what happens to the ‘5’ part later in the year ?

If it goes to ‘510’ then there’d be more digits on a plate than ever before… not earth shattering I know, but you know how it is when you start thinking about things mile after mile ! :blush:

Bigg Mike:
What I’ve been wondering about number plates is what’s going to happen next year ?

I mean, as I’m sure we all know, at the moment we have AB 09 ABC, and AB 59 ABC the ‘59’ covering vehicles registered in the latter half of the year / early next year.

So what happens next year ? AB 10 ABC ? So what happens to the ‘5’ part later in the year ?

If it goes to ‘510’ then there’d be more digits on a plate than ever before… not earth shattering I know, but you know how it is when you start thinking about things mile after mile ! :blush:

Its 59 reg, then Im not sure whats after that but I think the 5 becomes a 6… :confused:

Bigg Mike:

What about 09->10 and 59->60?

orys:
What about 09->10 and 59->60?

That kind of makes sense… :wink:

The 5 will become a 6

what a numpty system we have the 09 thing okas are letters
but the 5 whats that about

MRC:
I was confused by a registration plate I saw on saturday… it was all black with silver numbers only.

Any ideas on where this is from? This is the 2nd one i’ve seen now.

Sure it wasn’t a car registered before 1973 ?

MRC:
I was confused by a registration plate I saw on saturday… it was all black with silver numbers only.

Any ideas on where this is from? This is the 2nd one i’ve seen now.

Guernsey use numbers like that

I believe that the Channel Island of Alderney also issues its own registrations, but I am not sure what format they take. They may simply have the letter ‘A’ in front of some numbers?

isn’t alderney the one with no cars or other vehicles on it?
there is one of the channel isles that doesn’t have motorised vehicles

welshboyinspain:

Isnt that Sark or Herpes

could be sark, wouldn’t want to live somewhere called herpes :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ragnarok:
I believe that the Channel Island of Alderney also issues its own registrations, but I am not sure what format they take. They may simply have the letter ‘A’ in front of some numbers?

there number plates start AY on Alderney

there an other number plate and that Q and is was for kitcars

not just for kit cars but also for re registered vehicles, eg . ex army etc.

Wheel Nut:

welshboyinspain:

Isnt that Sark or Herpes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: