New radio for daf xf

just in case will daf provide with radio code incase I remove the wires and it ask me for code at no extra cost■■? I know that Volvo will do as I phoned them before and they did give the code.

what make radio is it not seen any radios factory fitted in daf coded before

daf speakers are zb isnt the radio head should a blauplunk so should be good. the speakers blow at a drop of a hat.

I belive is Blaupunkt but not sure, seen one thread where some one saying how to add AUX port to radio which look like the same for VW cars, cars Yellow AMP, Brown Phone, Blue speakers or something like that :smiley: just trying to get better sound

the early xf dafs at vdo dayton head units the later ones have blaupunkt and they are 12v the problem is the speakers are crap aswell if u really want to improve it change the head unit and wire up some 6x9s behind each seat easy enuf to do yourself i done mine n im a bit of a heath robinson replacment front speakers should cost u bt 30 nicker the 6x9s bt 50 n new head unit bt 150

sounds like I need to get some 6x9 :smiley:

malenki22:

They wont fit, you need door speakers as they are perfectly round, i’m not sure of the size of XF speakers :confused:
The speakers are behind plastic grills either side of the cupboards above the windscreen.

bubsy06:

malenki22:

They wont fit, you need door speakers as they are perfectly round, i’m not sure of the size of XF speakers :confused:
The speakers are behind plastic grills either side of the cupboards above the windscreen.

im not on bt putting 6x9s in the front u need to fit them behind each seat easy to do just like u wud fit them in a parcel shelf in a hatch back car the front ones are eay to replac there standars size door speakers as u wud find in most cars 4 screws n there out takes bt 5 min to change each one

I just got a new 11 plate, im thinking about investing in a proper DAB head unit with a proper aerial, anyone else done this? Im also going to get better speakers for the doors and maybe some for behind the bed as well. I listen to AM radio quite a lot and if you have anything plugged in the cigarette lighter, like a inverter to use a laptop it makes a right horrible noise on it.

Oh and the head unit on my daf is a Bosch, quite crap really.

Dogmatix:
I just got a new 11 plate, im thinking about investing in a proper DAB head unit with a proper aerial, anyone else done this? Im also going to get better speakers for the doors and maybe some for behind the bed as well. I listen to AM radio quite a lot and if you have anything plugged in the cigarette lighter, like a inverter to use a laptop it makes a right horrible noise on it.

Oh and the head unit on my daf is a Bosch, quite crap really.

why would you bother with decent speakers for AM radio ?

Keep the radio dump the DAFT.

Dogmatix:

That’s nothing to do with the quality of the speakers or the head unit, you need one of these.

audiomate.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=B071A

I did some checking with regard to my new 11 plate 105 and can’t remember the exact date but factory fitted DAF radios have been 24v from some time in 2007/8.

I’ve done the mod to allow running an mp3 player thro the AUX input on the radio and find it works well.

The basic spec I believe is just 2 speakers in the doors and they don’t seem to be that great. Mine has the upgraded speaker package which is 2 in the doors, 2 behind the seats into the bunk cavity and 2 tweeters in the A pillars. These are very good quality and you can really wind it up with no distortion what so ever,

In my previous 95xf I ran a high end alpine head unit and found the basic speakers fitted were useless for any decent sound.

I would recomend leaving the head unit alone and replacing the speakers within the doors first.

By the way mine has a blaupunkt head unit although it is badged DAF. I disconnected it from power to do the AUX mod and it didn’t ask for the security code on reconnection although it was only off power for a few minutes…

Cheers
Neilf

Rececptions crap on the dafs, going to inverness its pointless having radio on on A9. But a volvo, perfect reception all the way. Same as lake district.

The speakers on the CF rattle the cab to bits if you turn the bass up plus half the time the drivers side one is kapoot. What utter crap they are. The sound system in the Reno Premium is great.

Dogtanian:
Rececptions crap on the dafs, going to inverness its pointless having radio on on A9. But a volvo, perfect reception all the way. Same as lake district.

Yeah I have noticed that, also turning the headlights on the new units affects the reception on FM :grimacing: