New driver career

By coincidence a survey by Truckfly just popped into my inbox and it was all about new driver training in transport. I tried not to sound negative and replied honestly to questions like what organisation did you train with, how do you evaluate the different ones etc. etc.

What was I supposed to say? I had no formal training, I passed no test, completely self-taught, experience gained behind the wheel of different makes and types of lorries, best way of improving, practice, and best of all, listening to the advice and examples of the experts I encountered along the way.

It sounded like I did not believe in formal training but there was no opportunity to offer such an opinion. I count myself very lucky and have enjoyed, almost, every varied minute of it. :smiley:

Fagan & Whalley Ltd are looking for drivers

but bus drivers cannot reverse :laughing: watching them as I drive into a bus station/interchange.

from Blackburn,that is one heck of a trekā€¦M60 at 4pm is usually chocka

Hence why i said if youā€™re willing. It was bad enough for me getting there from Bolton at that time.

1 Like

And the motorway inrix message says on one day says ā€œleave enough time for your commute due to congestionā€ā€¦leaving your place of rest one hour early,reducing your daily rest. And then the inrix says the next day ā€œdonā€™t drive tiredā€
:laughing: