new diary

Hi Kerbut,

Cant remember the Normandy Shipper ? was it on the Poole Cherbourg
route ? Mind you they used to charter all sorts of boats when either the
Coutances or Purbeck were in dry dock being spruced up .

Dean
Yes it was a BF boat in Truckline colours,the last time I saw it it was moored under the bridge on the Caen ring road . It was in service with BF for about 3 years . I take it that cabin 13 and 14 are the Portocabins on the outside where people with wives and females such as Diesel Kate used to sleep.

Hey Kerbut,

Diesel kate thats a blast from the past ! :open_mouth:

Surely that car was an NSU. The model, unless my memory has gone, was a Prinz. Think they had a rotary engine,or at least the sportier NSUs did.

^^^^ We’ve put this to bed already - It’s a Renault 8 Gordini. :wink:

Next someone will say it’s a Hillman Imp! :laughing: (or some other rear engined motor of yesteryear)

Another interesting read Monk :slight_smile:

Put it to bed? Well I haven’t. It’s not an Imp. I had one of those. It’s deffo an NSU

rexyu:
Surely that car was an NSU. The model, unless my memory has gone, was a Prinz. Think they had a rotary engine,or at least the sportier NSUs did.

Nope, cos Here is a NSU Prinz

rexyu:
Put it to bed? Well I haven’t. It’s not an Imp. I had one of those. It’s deffo an NSU

No R8 Gordini, later type with the tiny Renault badge on the front panel.

:unamused: :sunglasses: (Next someone will be telling me a Zaporozhet is a NSU Prinz :wink: )

Right, I stand corrected. I’ve never heard of those others. I thought it was only the Japs who could make all their cars look the same