New Class 1 driver in North East!

Morrisons in Stockton are currently in the process of becoming in house. The wages top 400 for a 48 hour week but that is for 5 days out of 7 starting around 12pm and working a rota of 13 weeks with 10 sats and 5 sundays. Ring transport and ask for an application. you have to pass an assessment in an automatic daf.

Asda Washington use to be 2 yrs minimum experience but I know a couple of lads that have been in with less, I think it depends how pushed they are for drivers.

Fowler Welch are only looking for weekend drivers if thats any help, Dont know whats happening at Callerton Transport in Craghead as he’s just lost about 3 drivers who left 4 or 5 weeks back.

Talking to a few local lads around here they are all saying there’s not much going in the line of driving jobs in Gateshead / Newcastle area

dont know how far you want to travel but prestons of potto have been known to take a new starter on,but then carrying steel doesnt apeal to everyone

Spent most of yesterday in the car dropping into different hauliers and also tried blue sky at hebburn.

Got a few forms (fowler welsh, biffa) but nothing seemed too promising. As soon as I said that I’d just passed my test, their interest levels seemed to drop somewhat.

Blue sky were trying to get me to go out with one of their drivers for a week unpaid for some on the job training/assessment which is a great idea if I had millions of pounds in the bank but no good at the moment as they couldn’t guarentee work at the end of it, and I would have to leave current employment to do it.

What’s more is that my current employer has just taken another £60 a week off me so am now £600 a month down on what I was earning this time last year. This whole issue is starting to really pee me off lol!!!

ohterry:
not sure if there still actually going?

but give KATEMS at spenny a call.they used to do a night trunk to fradley.could be worth a try.

also stick ur cv into argos at darlo.

and there’s stiller’s at aycliffe

Theres also Fracks transport a Aycliffe, Katem’s are still in business, they always have tidy fleet even if they are premiums katem.co.uk/index.asp

I also see Frack’s at Newton Aycliffe often advertising plus Ranger Transport Services Ltd Sedgefield Industrial Estate

Thanks for the info chaps.

Am gonna draft a CV and covering letter tommorow and launch a few of them off and see where I get.

C…

ohterry:
not sure if there still actually going?

but give KATEMS at spenny a call.they used to do a night trunk to fradley.could be worth a try.

also stick ur cv into argos at darlo.

and there’s stiller’s at aycliffe

Dont even put an application in at Argos as i work out of there on nightshift trunking with a wagon and drag,and we are not taking on any more drivers and no application forms are being given/sent out at the moment as the job is a bit quite… :wink:
If you can put up with Stan the man at fracks then give them a go,they are always looking for class 1-2 drivers.

Youngies ( Hargreaves now ) of Esh Winning they will take on new drivers, a week or so on the job training with the tipper work, then if you don’t mind working away from home for the week. The tackel is good and the dosh isnt to bad, ( well it wasnt to bad when i worked for them some years ago ), they make you graft for your cash mind. :laughing:

ohterry:

Avy:
Youngies ( Hargreaves now ) of Esh Winning they will take on new drivers, a week or so on the job training with the tipper work, then if you don’t mind working away from home for the week. The tackel is good and the dosh isnt to bad, ( well it wasnt to bad when i worked for them some years ago ), they make you graft for your cash mind. :laughing:

aye but watch out for his SHERIFF’S… :imp:

Yeah I knew a lad who managed a couple of months with Hargreaves - he said they had their own speedcameras .

To be honest after what I’ve heard about them I don’t think I would fit in there!!