Need a good laugh.......take a look at this JOB

Level 4 Security training … It is around the £ 75 - £100 mark if i can remember rightly… 1 day course i think

:wink:

skorpio:

Mad dan:
ok let’s turn this topic into the thread for the most ammusing wages I’m ■■■■ sure we can find a vacancy for a fiver an hour for class one and that will be a laugh ringing up takin the preverbial…

…all you need do is check out the jobseekers website if you want to see the reality of present wages :smiling_imp: over half of them are “national minimum rates apply” :unamused: that is less than £6 ph, and every one has hundreds of applicants.
Trouble is, when you’ve been out since Dec’ without any money coming in, [long story, but because of the way they work “eligibility” I don’t even get jobseekers allowance] jobs like this ARE attractive :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: any money is better than nothing :smiling_imp:

I understand the point you are making, but after a couple of weeks of being exploited you will most likely walk. Nobody likes to feel as though they are being poled up the jacks to earn more profit for somebody else.

bigsib… you have a pm mate :wink:

Here we go again me repeating myself some of you dills on here want a reality check. Even if Jobsworth is a windup £6.50 looks good up here in the North East loads of drivers been paid off some firms 4 day wk so they don`t have to make even more redundant.Come up here & try to find a job no chance even agencies dont want anybody.I despair when I see some of the posts on here :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

greek:
Here we go again me repeating myself some of you dills on here want a reality check. Even if Jobsworth is a windup £6.50 looks good up here in the North East loads of drivers been paid off some firms 4 day wk so they don`t have to make even more redundant.Come up here & try to find a job no chance even agencies dont want anybody.I despair when I see some of the posts on here :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

What greek said. Owens of Llanelli don’t pay any more than that (different wage structure as you’re paid a flat-rate £X per day) and they don’t need to advertise. Mansel Davies pay by the hour but it ain’t much more; my future father-in-law works for John Pearce and the basic rate’s £5.73.

In actual fact, if you’re unlucky enough to do a shed-load of hours in any week for Owens (and quite a few other companies down here) then Mad dan’s premise comes into play since you’re effectively working for less than a fiver an hour.

Reading the OP again, I had to have a quiet laugh. So many of the guys on here moan about agencies offering sky-high rates for non-existent jobs, then one puts an ad in with what I would assume to be their minimum Class 1 rate (in effect being honest) and the same blokes are still moaning, even though they’ve no intention of signing up!

Also worth noting that they do offer a genuine time-and-a-half for overtime, more the exception than the rule these days.

BTW I don’t much like it either, but as skorpio says that’s reality.

I wonder how long it’ll be before the first anti-Polish rant on this thread? :wink:

Hey thats not bad, i went for an interview doing chilled/fridge work( the one at the side of the A1 at Boroughbridge with the Polar Bear ) the rate was £6.25 HGV1.Interviewer said money’s not great but we’ve got good tackle FH12s ,wow i thought i want to drive it not pay for it ! I lost interest after that.

gnasty gnome:

greek:

What greek said. Owens of Llanelli don’t pay any more than that (different wage structure as you’re paid a flat-rate £X per day) and they don’t need to advertise. Mansel Davies pay by the hour but it ain’t much more; my future father-in-law works for John Pearce and the basic rate’s £5.73.

In actual fact, if you’re unlucky enough to do a shed-load of hours in any week for Owens (and quite a few other companies down here) then Mad dan’s premise comes into play since you’re effectively working for less than a fiver an hour.

Reading the OP again, I had to have a quiet laugh. So many of the guys on here moan about agencies offering sky-high rates for non-existent jobs, then one puts an ad in with what I would assume to be their minimum Class 1 rate (in effect being honest) and the same blokes are still moaning, even though they’ve no intention of signing up!

Also worth noting that they do offer a genuine time-and-a-half for overtime, more the exception than the rule these days.

BTW I don’t much like it either, but as skorpio says that’s reality.

I wonder how long it’ll be before the first anti-Polish rant on this thread? :wink:

It’s all the fault of the Poles :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is not right the ■■■■ government should introduce some kind of minimum wage structure as I personally paid about £3000 to get all the licences I hold. They have got us all by the short and curly’s here, I mean we drive for a living but if like me you have had the pure passion for driving ect then you purchase a motorbike get six points for doing a whopping 173 mph…

I mean we work hard and invest in ourselves and put OUR licences on the line each and every day, so in essence and in closing WHY are our car/bike licences tied to our vocational licences ie; get banned from one lose ALL…

I was lucky I have a great solicitor who kinda dances with words and does his stuff…

ps if banned for serious stuff ie dd10 in10 ect then I agree anyone stupid enough should be banned…

On a lighter note and more positive note I have been booked out by the enemy (agency) for a run out tommorow so fingers crossed for some more of this…

I have seen that SKY cannot get installers if anyone is interested apparently it is decent money, free van diesel ect oh and free sky prob inc blueys :laughing:

I have applied for 9 jobs today inc the old bill…

so we will just have to see where we go from here ( the couch in front of tv)

Good luck guy’s and gal’s- I really mean it we could all do with some of it…

Oh (swear word begins with an F) it…this post gets me to 25 Yee Haaaaa…

:laughing::lol::evil::lol::lol:

I IS NOW A SENIOR MEMBER WATCH OUT I IS AFTER YOU INNIT…:LOL:

must be that Jamaican woodbine matey gimme :laughing:

Mad dan:
This is not right the ■■■■ government should introduce some kind of minimum wage structure as I personally paid about £3000 to get all the licences I hold. They have got us all by the short and curly’s here, I mean we drive for a living but if like me you have had the pure passion for driving ect then you purchase a motorbike get six points for doing a whopping 173 mph…

I mean we work hard and invest in ourselves and put OUR licences on the line each and every day, so in essence and in closing WHY are our car/bike licences tied to our vocational licences ie; get banned from one lose ALL…

I was lucky I have a great solicitor who kinda dances with words and does his stuff…

ps if banned for serious stuff ie dd10 in10 ect then I agree anyone stupid enough should be banned…

Ermm. let me get this right. You reserve the right to ride a motorbike on public roadsat speeds normally associated with a Grand Prix circuit, and yet you still want to be treated as a “professional” driver?

If you ride like that mate (and I’ve been a biker all my life so I’m not anti-bike) then the least you deserved was a long ban. It’s bad enough having to put up with blind car drivers on the roads without that sort of lunacy giving the rest of us a bad name; FYI there are places called race tracks which have track days to cater for wannabee Valentino Rossis like you. Go there, do that and get it out of your system that way; it’s safer for all of us.

I just looked in my local rag (Northampton Chronicle & Echo) and even HIAB is being hit hard

HGV 1 2 Drivers ADR HIAB drivers NorthamptonNot SpecifiedHGV 1 & 2 Drivers BASIC £11.00 SATURDAY £15.00 SUNDAY £20

Though you might be interested in this job :laughing:

Shortlist Traffic Officers Watford, Northamptonshire20,000.00 to 22,499.00Safe roads, Reliable journeys, Informed travellers Traffic Officers �“ Up to 9 posts £20,697 (this figure includes up to a 20% shift allowance) Watford Gap (M1 Junction 16/17) Motorways help bring…

Wages in the Black Country have always been crap. The agency i worked for had a Halesowen office and they used to ask me to go up there on steel for little more than the minimum wage. I always refused.

I think its disgusting its going on but what can we do while folk are taking the work? And in fairness how do you tell the wife and kids you could of worked but wont for 6 quid so they have to starve? Its crap :frowning:
I agree with minimum wage for hgv being 7-8-9 respectively that way it makes getting your license out of your own pocket worth it. Im glad I was lucky enough to have a decent boss who promised and kept his promise of a unit when I passed my test as otherwise
I dont know what i’d be doing now. Hope a lot of these money grabbing agencies go bust they’re all full of scum!

I’m not laughing. Those figures quoted at the top of page one are exactly what i get paid. Ok not class 1, but 17 ton rigid.

Why fork out thousands for a licence to take job that pay crap wages? :confused:

Plenty of jobs that pay more without having to train.

Santa:
Wages in the Black Country have always been crap. The agency i worked for had a Halesowen office and they used to ask me to go up there on steel for little more than the minimum wage. I always refused.

Not from what I saw, when I was looking for class 1 work a couple of years ago the going rate was nothing like £6.50 per hour, it’s a joke. Problem is people are desperate for work so they can get away with it. You’re a mug if you take the job though, why take on such a huge responsibility for little more than minimum wage, stack shelves, same money and you won’t get thrown in jail and lose your licence if you drop a tin of baked beans.

At the end of the day we paid £2000 for a class 1 licence and adhere to the never ending tacho rules so that we could earn a better wage, why go back to earning minimum wage for your efforts, it makes the entire excerice utterly pointless, you’re back to sqaure one.

Seriously, at those kind of rates there is no incentive to get up and go out to work. It is little wonder that so many people simply sign on, claim all that they can and enjoy their leisure time.

There is something seriously wrong with this country, the EU, globalisation, free trade, rampant capitalism, everything seems designed to batter the working man back to the Dickensian past.

What really raises my ire, is the top 5% of earners in this country hardly know there is a recession on, whilst they get great delight in taking a wazz over the rest of us, as we scramble about for the crumbs that drop from the rich mans table.

gnasty gnome:

Mad dan:

Ermm. let me get this right. You reserve the right to ride a motorbike on public roadsat speeds normally associated with a Grand Prix circuit, and yet you still want to be treated as a “professional” driver?

If you ride like that mate (and I’ve been a biker all my life so I’m not anti-bike) then the least you deserved was a long ban. It’s bad enough having to put up with blind car drivers on the roads without that sort of lunacy giving the rest of us a bad name; FYI there are places called race tracks which have track days to cater for wannabee Valentino Rossis like you. Go there, do that and get it out of your system that way; it’s safer for all of us.

Just seen this reply… When I am in a wagon i am a driver when I am on a bike I am a rider, a the time I had just lost my ma and all grandparents and quite frankly could not have driven in a hgv and did’nt really care much for life either. I know I did wrong and paid the price but have since sold the bike and settled down and the points come off this year. Last week the boss I worked for was well Impressed with my standard of work and dresscode ie shirt and tie so Yes I do class myself as a Professional Driver but sold the bike as the temptation was always there… Thus this temptation has been removed… are you telling me you don’t break the law I think we ALL break certain area’s of the law. Whilst saying this I do agree I should have gone onto a track but nailed the M55 instead and paid the price for it so what’s your point, Have you never been over the speed limit? or broken any traffic laws, you must be a Saint