My 1st Week

David5l:

Rob K:
the yellow line is on the top right and is pressurized (not all are - I don’t think the Volvo’s are pressurized) so you need to get some oomph behind it so do that one when all the others are still out of harms way.

dont know about all units, but if my yellow aint got pressure behind it :bulb:
Its time to go back to the cab and apply the vehicle handbrake before releasing trailor brake :blush: :blush:

Yes, but I’m pretty sure the Volvo’s aren’t pressurized, or is it the DAFs?

Rob K:

David5l:

Rob K:
the yellow line is on the top right and is pressurized (not all are - I don’t think the Volvo’s are pressurized) so you need to get some oomph behind it so do that one when all the others are still out of harms way.

dont know about all units, but if my yellow aint got pressure behind it :bulb:
Its time to go back to the cab and apply the vehicle handbrake before releasing trailor brake :blush: :blush:

I dont know if they are or not Rob, although it may have been the lines themselves and not the units that seemed to have no pressure behind them. We had a couple of yellow lines which had seals at both ends, no blowbacks when they came off, easy on. Pressure stayed in the line. They worked on most of the fleet(or maybe they didint :wink: ) But I found that the trailor brakes didn’t apply using these lines, unless I swapped the red and yellows over :imp:

You’re right the first time- Volvo’s aren’t, DAF’s are … … … !! At least in my (limited) experience… …

G

Well done wills :smiley:

Gazzareth:
You’re right the first time- Volvo’s aren’t, DAF’s are … … … !! At least in my (limited) experience… …

G

DAF’s ARE. As I forgot to remember tonight. As it went whanging past my head.

DOH. :blush: :blush:

Being a weak and simple blonde (no need to comment lads - it’s all been said before thank you!) :laughing: I have had my struggles with the air lines.
The best way I found round the pressure prob was to let a load of air out of the tanks before trying to connect or get free flying lessons with the backlash when disconnecting.

Krankee:
Is there a ‘knack’ to coupling air lines. Yes. I’m one of those people that can (sometimes) connect the Red line one handed. But that comes from practice.

If you are having problems then, in a crouched position, hold the connection in one hand, and the collar in the other hand, and then put your elbow into your knee, and push with your knee. Your legs have far greater strength than your arms. Your lower arm acts as a rigid rod.

It works a treat. As testified by someone that asked a similar question some years ago.

If the catwalk access is on the drivers side and i can use my right hand, then yes i can do it with one hand, but if its the other side i use the above method you descibe. :slight_smile: