M1 Southbound Newport Pagnell

Dav1d:
It was the driver that died.
Story here

I read it in the ‘MK News’ another local B/S free paper, just goes to show the quality of Newspaper Reporting !

It’s hard to believe anything they write, whenever they report on Lorry accidents, it’s always Artics Jack knifing all over the place, even when it’s a Rigid Rolling Over or a Transit Van pulling a Trailer ! No wonder we get such a Bad Name !!!

If it’s this one then it still says passenger !

edit, the link in that story goes to another story written by someone else that also says it was the passenger that died.
Confusing !

Incidentally, it was fortunate the vehicle hit the concrete barrier and didn’t travel a little further and plough through the metal barrier and cause mayhem on both sides of the motorway.

Do use mind that’s my dad use are talking about… And what’s with posting pictures of his lorry turned over? He has young children and grandchildren that can see this.

It’s called freedom of speech. Sorry to hear of your loss, but is there something wrong in what people have said so far?

Karen, nobody is having a go about your Dad, we’re all very sad at your loss. He was one of our own.

The pictures were put up within minutes of the accident before anybody actually new of the Fatality.

We put these threads up to try & understand what has happened & to try to prevent it happening again.

The poor geezer RIP, hope the other 2 make a speedy recovery. Fortunate that nobody else was injured, it could have been a whole lot worse

Proof that these concrete barriers should be made all along the motorway network, will stop the rubber necking coming the other way as well if they were a bit higher.

RIP

FarnboroughBoy11:
Proof that these concrete barriers should be made all along the motorway network, will stop the rubber necking coming the other way as well if they were a bit higher.

RIP

Rubber necking boils my ■■■■. When the M42 was closed last Friday I crawled past in the opposite direction and there were only cars ahead so I could see for miles up the road. It was totally clear and every car in front of me crawled past until they were so far past that they couldn’t see anything any more. Only then did they speed up.

And on the M40 last week I saw a 3 mile queue so people could rubber neck at a mini with its bonnet up. Never knew broken down cars were so exciting. Scrap yards should start charging if people are so interested in wrecks, like a theme park for morbid folk.

Terry T:

FarnboroughBoy11:

RIP

Scrap yards should start charging if people are so interested in wrecks, like a theme park for morbid folk.

Brilliant! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: