Looking for decent Agency

If there’s one near you try Per Temps, do a lot for Royal Mail over here in Essex. Best agency I’ve ever worked for!!

robroy:
but now they call the shots

Only if you allow them to…!

Governor!:
If there’s one near you try Per Temps, do a lot for Royal Mail over here in Essex. Best agency I’ve ever worked for!!

My mate would tell you different and so would I!

DrivingMissDaisy:

robroy:
but now they call the shots

Only if you allow them to…!

OK my experience with agencies is very limited (I’m pleased to say) maybe compared to yours, but what chance have you got if you don’t knuckle down when they have a near unlimited amount of drivers to choose from on their books. They ■■■■ my mate about something terrible even though he has worked for them for years, he has enquired about others from their drivers only to be told they are the same.
If the ■■■■■■■■ did not exist it would be a much better industry to work in.

Agencies which are anything approaching ‘good’ are very few and far between but they do exist. But they are like good haulage firms - the people they have already are happy with their lot and don’t leave.

In general however they are a bunch of badly-organised parasites who care not one jot whether the drivers they’ve enrolled with false promises of unlimited work at times to suit them ( :laughing: :laughing: ) have actually earned enough to put food on the table this week. At one I used to do a bit for there was a real piece of eye-candy that was about 25 or so and drove round in a new-looking Mini Cooper with the personalised plate, wheels, the lot. Make no mistake, her wages and thus the car had been paid for by the agency taking their cut of drivers’ earnings and blokes turning out in the middle of the night on half an hour’s notice.

But as long as there is a demand amongst hauliers and ‘logistics companies’ there will always be agencies.

Governor!:

I like the way you say per temps as if it needs separating to get around the parser like pi key or that cher. :smiling_imp:

Driver Hire in Taunton are ok. GKH Recruitment in WSM are worth a try too.

I don’t know how you agency lads (…and lasses) do it. I’ve only just over a month of agency work and it’s doing my nut in, empty promises they don’t deliver on. The only work I’ve got has been really short notice because someone’s ‘blown out’ from work…and that’s not been very often.

I’ve had them calling me and saying they’ve forwarded my CV onto a number of firms, saying I’ll probably hear back really quick or some TM will be calling me tomorrow… :laughing: total bllocks, all p** and wind !!!

Thankfully I’ve got a full-time start with a decent firm in a few weeks time which I am so grateful for.

markoc:
I don’t know how you agency lads (…and lasses) do it. I’ve only just over a month of agency work and it’s doing my nut in, empty promises they don’t deliver on. The only work I’ve got has been really short notice because someone’s ‘blown out’ from work…and that’s not been very often.

I’ve had them calling me and saying they’ve forwarded my CV onto a number of firms, saying I’ll probably hear back really quick or some TM will be calling me tomorrow… :laughing: total bllocks, all p** and wind !!!

Thankfully I’ve got a full-time start with a decent firm in a few weeks time which I am so grateful for.

What happened to McCulla? Thought you were happy there?

Decent agency! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! :grimacing:

I wonder if all those who believe that there is no such thing as a “decent agency” are also those that have never actually worked for one proper…?

“I take it as Gospel, because I heard it from the guy down the pub ya see!”

It would be better for all of us, and a lot more constructive if we drivers who found ourselves working for different agencies through the year shared experiences, warned off, and otherwise named and shamed the shysters in this business.

"I hate agencies because my brother in law’s mate’s mate twice removed once didn’t get paid by one" achieves not a lot. :frowning:

The only ones that will ever push those that are the crooks over the edge, and out of the game for good are US. :wink:

I have never worked for a driving agency but I have worked in an office for an agency and it was reputed to be a good agency :unamused: I had to TELL them the law changed (a couple of years ago) and my pay and conditions should be equal to the permanent employees (dont think its the same in transport) and they often missed out paying me altogether some weeks and when I pointed it out they said it was too late in the week to pay me and they could pay me a week later, granted I got a forwarding allowance the next day as I told them I would hit them with bank charges.
I knew my stuff at the time with legislation and wiped the floor with them even to the point they gave me £50 compensation, ironically a week later I started with my current employer permanent in a totally unrelated industry and that job led to me driving.

Agencies in all sectors are bad and I personally would only use them as an absolute desperate move, I will work and want to work that is why I would never say never but as I say, it would be a desperate situation should I use an agency again.

Winseer:
I wonder if all those who believe that there is no such thing as a “decent agency” are also those that have never actually worked for one proper…?

“I take it as Gospel, because I heard it from the guy down the pub ya see!”

It would be better for all of us, and a lot more constructive if we drivers who found ourselves working for different agencies through the year shared experiences, warned off, and otherwise named and shamed the shysters in this business.

"I hate agencies because my brother in law’s mate’s mate twice removed once didn’t get paid by one" achieves not a lot. :frowning:

The only ones that will ever push those that are the crooks over the edge, and out of the game for good are US. :wink:

Oh my god! I fully agree!! Spot on fella.

I’ve done a fair amount of agency and the vast majority has been very good.

People need to understand agencies are working for themselves, not the driver, not the client.

Pat slagged them off for charging as much as they can and paying as little as they can - looks like they stayed awake at business school then!! And then wants them done for fraud… Do you know what fraud means?!!

The fella with a mates who’s always messed about, yet worked for them for years - if they were that bad he’d move surely?

Someone says an agency bird drives a mini, so what!! Maybe she still lives at home, maybe she’s depted up to ■■■■, maybe she’s got a rich fella, maybe she’s good at her job, maybe she just bought the car, it’s hardly a veyron!

I’m not saying there’s never issues, but some people have expectations that’ll mean they’re only ever going to be disappointed.

If they didn’t provide a service people want, then they wouldn’t exist.

Its not a service People want, its a service employers want, to relieve the burden of employing staff and maybe having to lay them off or take responsibility for them.
Agencies remove the responsibility from the client thus they sign said employee to a contract that is pretty much non committal and legal…cheap labour (majority) no redundancy and termination at the drop of a hat.

Leaches.

Drift:
Its not a service People want, its a service employers want, to relieve the burden of employing staff and maybe having to lay them off or take responsibility for them.
Agencies remove the responsibility from the client thus they sign said employee to a contract that is pretty much non committal and legal…cheap labour (majority) no redundancy and termination at the drop of a hat.

Leaches.

Employers are people too!!

Exactly, you’ve hit the nail on the head. as workers get more rights, industry will look towards agencies more. Sometimes when you win, you really lose (billy!)

And who are you talking for when you say it’s not a service people want? Speak for yourself and others who have asked you to speak on their behalf. When I worked on agency, I did it because that’s what I wanted.

I pointed out an opinion…
Sure a few people like the freedom agencies provide and for many years that is how they operated but now the tables have turned as agencies are now a legal way of suppressing employment laws.

Keep ya knickers on mate :wink:

I stand by what I said, but didn’t mean to come across arsey, the Mrs was ■■■■■■■■ at me to put the phone down, so wrote it quick! so please accept my apologies in the form of a virtual man hug, with my knickers on!!!

And I was a tad drunk…man hug with no knickers involved :laughing: :laughing: