Longer lorrys

Why keep mucking about with all these expensive ideas ? Just use road trains like Oz.

Here we go,a couple of mine then. 60 ton total weight and 38-40ton ish payload.
And den we have the B dobbel like down under.

Danne

image.jpeg

peterm:
Why keep mucking about with all these expensive ideas ? Just use road trains like Oz.

I suspect they would come unstuck if diverted off the motorway for whatever reason. We don’t have gun barrel straight roads through the outback like them.

I have always wanted to see an Australians’s reaction to the Stobart ‘road train’.

Here’s my reaction to the silly little stobarts road train. :laughing:

google.com.au/search?q=road … KMo4wyM%3A

rob22888:

peterm:

I suspect they would come unstuck if diverted off the motorway for whatever reason. We don’t have gun barrel straight roads through the outback like them.

Plus the fact you’d probably still get some twunk in a Clio who’d think brake checking was a good idea because he was fed up sitting behind you for 2 minutes

AndrewG:

caledoniandream:

60t gvw,a plus 1 thats the way to go. If it was made legal in france and Spain its what i’d want be pulling, two loads in one and on the bahns/routes/pistas they’d be fine…

You won’t get any more in your pocket for your trouble.

The Co I work for have a transport tie in with a well known Geordie suppliers of pasties and sausage rolls wherein their drivers bring the long trailers to our depot during the night, drop 'em off and our drivers then deliver to Enfield and Cardiff. So far I’ve dodged the necessary training to pilot one but I always to seem to notice the bent rear under runs and damage to the rear sides of these trailers. Thanks but no thanks.

easy enough when you get the hang of them. just allow more room from parked cars, etc when turning right. If tight turn I’ll jump out and pull the button to lock the axle. stops it swinging so much and leave some tidy scrub marks where you’ve turned it round.