Limited trucks

From my observations 56mph is way to fast for the majority.

martinviking:
Mine does 89 kmph/53-54mpg on the sat nav (depends on the weather [emoji57]) but I tend to set it on 87kmph.

Thats frecin good economy . . . are you on a fuel bonus?

Ours are supposed to be limited to 53 but not all of them are. Our Scania’s cruise past me at 53 according to my speedo. One of them went in for repairs because it refused to change down unless you put it in N first. They reset it for factory settings and it now does 55 and is returning the same fuel usage.

weeto:

peterm:
One of the last that I drove over there did about 75. Hard to be exact cos the needle was off the clock. Eat yer hearts out. :slight_smile:

These young uns will never experience the thrill of an unlimited truck, ah the good old days.

Still got the good old days here in Canada, mine will do 125k’s and plenty go past me.

The last truck I had was limited to 52 but if you let it overrun to 59 and pressed the CC+ it would stay at 59. The one I’m in now is set to 56 but will pass our other trucks limited to the same with no bother.

Suedehead:

martinviking:
Mine does 89 kmph/53-54mpg on the sat nav (depends on the weather [emoji57]) but I tend to set it on 87kmph.

Thats frecin good economy . . . are you on a fuel bonus?

Lol, me & my Sausage Fingers [emoji57]
Must have been on the back of a wrecker at the time [emoji6]

Big Pimp:
I may or may not have been in a truck on a private runway which was being tested…

Nope, looks like an Australian speedo … They are set at 102km and majority run at 105/6 regular … If it’s a freight liner it’s normal for 110kmph

The Company I worked for had set run times,but we had the usual boot boys who where not happy unless they floored it everywhere,for whatever reason
When the digi tachos came in and it became easier for the Company to analyse,speed & layby time etc run times where cut,and when the steady eddy drivers complained all the Company said was the runs could be done heres the proof.
Readings came off the boot boys cards.

discoman:

Big Pimp:
I may or may not have been in a truck on a private runway which was being tested…

Nope, looks like an Australian speedo … They are set at 102km and majority run at 105/6 regular … If it’s a freight liner it’s normal for 110kmph

Yeah, looks like it. The Scania 420 I was in was set at 104 on the speedo and the bloody cruise control had a bad memory. I’d set it flat out and ten minutes or so later, I’d find meself doing about 95 on the flat, so I had to floor it and reset the cc. :unamused:

Always been limited so it makes no difference to me at Breaks it was about 52mph and Tesco’s used to be a physical limit to 49.5miles per hour.

Where I work now it’s 50 mph all the way to London and the M25 including multidrops we are allowed no limit when delivering Essex and Kent. I personally am above this and not bound to this as if I have a break coming up or am nearing the end of the maximum driving hours then I will put my foot down