Lift axles

gardun:

Scanner:
We had an Axor for a while, that would drop the axle with two tonnes on the trailer and refuse to lift it. A dangerous motor in the wet, never mind snow or ice.

Please explain this to the clowns that load mine!! It is lethal even at low speeds :imp: :imp:

I had a 54 plate MegaSpace 2546 and it was the same. Took it to Merc dealer and they said theres nothing wrong with it. Winter time was terrible as was the rain.

Olog Hai:
An Actros on the other hand seems to regard the load imposed by an empty trailer on the fifth wheel as enough to warrant dropping the axle.

Ours arembad for that although never had it when totally empty. Yesterday I had 25plts on, all veg carrots etc and it lifted up, I was a happy hunny so much better to drive in 4x2 style

The Magnum I drive will lift the middle axle automaticly on slow manouverers @ 44 tonnes, as long as the axle control button is left in the up position, will drop again over a certain speed, no idea what that is though.

Any daf is a piece off ■■■■ to bypass all our have been done and lift and stay up until the driver puts it down done by our fitter no laptop required just a 5minute job he told me

I work in a DAF dealership and I found out when a customer defected the lift axle …alas the repair wasn’t covered by warranty and the customer was billed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: …I guess the driver wasn’t informed of what had been done :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

norb:
I work in a DAF dealership and I found out when a customer defected the lift axle …alas the repair wasn’t covered by warranty and the customer was billed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: …I guess the driver wasn’t informed of what had been done :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

So you billed them for reverting it back, that sums up dealer scum quite nicely.

why are we scum ■■? we billed him to rectify a problem they created ,no one works for nothing …I think they should have made their guy aware of what they had done .So tell me what should we have done with the time spent diagnoising that they had altered the system…And with your attitude I would happily bill you …you will no doubt think we shouldn’t have billed the customer who ranted and raved about how his lights didn’t work and how DAF where crap ,until we pointed out he had drilled through the wiring …then he asked if it was covered by warranty …fraid not…you can’t go insulting us then get work done for free that YOU created…luckily I am not the type to class all drivers like yourself ,so I will continue to help people honest out as best I can…will add they could easily have reverted it back,but they never and they never told us they had created the fault in the first place…

but please explain why we are scum

Icee:

newmercman:

Simon:
I drive an Actros mid lift. That seems to drop the middle axle if there’s more than about 2 tonne over the pin. It’s got the air dump for traction switch right next to the axle lift switch. If I hit both switches at the same time, it’ll lift my middle axle, however heavy it is over the pin, but with the same ‘rules’ as the air dump. ie It’ll drop at 30kph or after a certain period of time.

This is how it should work on all lift axles, 30km/h is plenty fast enough if you’re experiencing traction difficulties :open_mouth:

No it ain’t anywhere fast enough and this why we up here don’t want guys with close to no winter experience be the ones writing the rules. Directly the speeds starts drop under 80 I got my fingers on the switch. When it goes under 50 it will already be almost up in the air.
Same goes going downhill. Most times you need at least 13t on the drive axle before you get any real use of the retarder. To use only the brakes in the winter would burn them up after just a couple of weeks.

The topic is about the UK, so 30km/h is plenty fast enough. Have you seen the way some of the idiots drive in bad weather over there?

Moffet mounted trl and unit problem
Iv been driving this moffet mounted trl for a number of years now. But was given the new eveco stralis hiways 2 weeks a go. My problem is when I am pulling the empty trailer it’s like driving on jelly. I have a steal plate on the head board. Iv tried moving my 5th to the front the back and the middle. Nothing seems to be working the trailer as fixed axles so I carnt lift 1st one up.any advice will be appreciated…

Wilbur74:
Moffet mounted trl and unit problem
Iv been driving this moffet mounted trl for a number of years now. But was given the new eveco stralis hiways 2 weeks a go. My problem is when I am pulling the empty trailer it’s like driving on jelly. I have a steal plate on the head board. Iv tried moving my 5th to the front the back and the middle. Nothing seems to be working the trailer as fixed axles so I carnt lift 1st one up.any advice will be appreciated…

There should be ballast at the front of the trailer.