Lift axles

philgor:
6x2 tag stuck in sand 24mtr rig

4x6/2 stuck in sand again

4x2 artic stuck in grit/sand again

6x4 yanktank artic stuck

6x4 tractor unit stuck on the grass/mud

COR!
so witch one is best, or which one is crazyfarce is going to use for his superduper roadtrain?

phil the book:

philgor:
COR!
so witch one is best, or which one is crazyfarce is going to use for his superduper roadtrain?

fixed th youtube links

Here you go crazyfart, get your kleenex ready :laughing:

newmercman:
Here you go crazyfart, get your kleenex ready :laughing:

Are you sure that’s not an 8x2 unit with a lifting tag and a mid lift. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

philgor:
6x2 tag stuck in sand 24mtr rig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD0j8IkoVGk

This one :question: :smiley:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxUOyakYUB0&feature=related

I saw a tri drive stuck in Pembina this week…

Carryfast, you didn’t answer Kyrbos question about homework…

Kyrbo:
Actually it’s not. I’ll leave that to you as a homework to go out and check it by yourself how much more grip you have on ice and snow when it’s -20C compared to -2C.

bobthedog:

It was probably empty.But it’s a bit like the heavy single drive axle idea sometimes more than enough is too much and does’nt work.

Carryfast:

bobthedog:

It was probably empty.But it’s a bit like the heavy single drive axle idea sometimes more than enough is too much and does’nt work.

Carryfast, im confused from these 100 pages of mass debating, which is better then

this config

or would this configuration be better as you got a lift axle, im not sure?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cruise Control:

Carryfast:

bobthedog:

Carryfast, im confused from these 100 pages of mass debating, which is better then

this config

or would this configuration be better as you got a lift axle, im not sure?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: Probably not as confused as whoever it is that drives those. :laughing: :laughing:That’s why I like drawbars I can understand them better. :smiley: :laughing:

The MAN one is an aftermarket job, MANs told my mate they don’t do a factory 8x4 tractor & therefore lost a sale as said mate has ordered a factory built Volvo instead he runs both Scanias & MANs so I assume that Scanias don’t either or they where too dear, either way his 8x4 hits the road in March.

Incidently Cruisepast his 6x4 Scania tractor which weighs in at 26t empty thats with a 40’ flat on against my 6x2 Volvo 21t empty with a semi on does way better than mine on fuel :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: Them ramps have a lot to answer for :imp:

But even saying that his averages 7.5mpg, I managed 7.25mpg with a flat on last week. So there you go 480 Scania 6x4 520 Volvo 6x2 & the double drive wins :open_mouth: :confused: :confused:

Fly sheet

fly sheet:
The MAN one is an aftermarket job, MANs told my mate they don’t do a factory 8x4 tractor & therefore lost a sale as said mate has ordered a factory built Volvo instead he runs both Scanias & MANs so I assume that Scanias don’t either or they where too dear, either way his 8x4 hits the road in March.

Incidently Cruisepast his 6x4 Scania tractor which weighs in at 26t empty thats with a 40’ flat on against my 6x2 Volvo 21t empty with a semi on does way better than mine on fuel :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: Them ramps have a lot to answer for :imp:

But even saying that his averages 7.5mpg, I managed 7.25mpg with a flat on last week. So there you go 480 Scania 6x4 520 Volvo 6x2 & the double drive wins :open_mouth: :confused: :confused:

Fly sheet

So he’ll be a bit upset when you take that gas axe to that new motor in March to improve it’s traction by getting rid of one of it’s drive axles and replace it with a lifting tag or a mid lift :open_mouth: :laughing: .Just hope that he’s prepared to listen when you try to explain all of the advantages to him.But if he won’t listen just tell him that newmercman will think that he’s crazy. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So why do some drivers choose those little tiny wheeled lift axles?

Double drive with some nice nobbly tyres, single lifts look silly.

Squiddy:
So why do some drivers choose those little tiny wheeled lift axles?

Weight saving usually on bulk tippers or tankers where every kilo counts.
Firm near us has just bought a daf cf flat roof cab with one and with a lightweight ally trailer it breaks the magic 30 ton payload.