Level D

tommymanc:

Londontrucker123:
And good video too, do you have the others?

I do yes, I can’ break them down into modules, tomorrow, and edit out all my procrastinating and share them with you. Early start doing the devils work multi drop into W Yorkshire([zb] teacakes?), and run back to man for drop into Wrexham.

Haha good luck with that :slight_smile:

Although worse places than W. Yorkshire to be, the countryside was nice as I recall… Do you get down to Heathrow much? The dreaded ‘Horseshoe’. I don’t miss that at all.

You don’t need to upload all of them, that sounds like a lot of work / a chore. Is module 1 the ‘Why do we need security in the 1st place’ module? I wouldn’t mind having a look at that one again, might give some new passes an insight to air-freight too

Londontrucker123:
Do you get down to Heathrow much? The dreaded ‘Horseshoe’. I don’t miss that at all.

You don’t need to upload all of them, that sounds like a lot of work / a chore. Is module 1 the ‘Why do we need security in the 1st place’ module? I wouldn’t mind having a look at that one again, might give some new passes an insight to air-freight too

Mod 1 I dropped the quality of the picture quite a bit as the video was 2.4GB in size, now a mere 60MB :smiley: Enjoy

I did nights for 5 years, delivering to the airlines here at man, I only used to run down to LHR when the other night driver had holidays. I do the day work now.

tommymanc:

Londontrucker123:
Do you get down to Heathrow much? The dreaded ‘Horseshoe’. I don’t miss that at all.

Mod 1 I dropped the quality of the picture quite a bit as the video was 2.4GB in size, now a mere 60MB :smiley: Enjoy

I did nights for 5 years, delivering to the airlines here at man, I only used to run down to LHR when the other night driver had holidays. I do the day work now.

Found that very interesting, thanks for putting it up. I know that’s only the General Awareness module to give an overview, any of the modules specific to HGV drivers?, my memory is not as good as it once was. :slight_smile:

Londontrucker123:
Found that very interesting, thanks for putting it up. I know that’s only the General Awareness module to give an overview, any of the modules specific to HGV drivers?, my memory is not as good as it once was. :slight_smile:

Nothing aimed at lorry drivers other then mod 7’s mention of the bonding cord AFAIK

tommymanc:

Londontrucker123:

Nothing aimed at lorry drivers other then mod 7’s mention of the bonding cord AFAIK

I once had a load refused at Heathrow as the goods in people said there was too much cord on show on the back doors - you know, like too many wraps around the rear door handles before it was sealed. Was refused for that alone. Took it back to the yard and explained why it was refused. Company was fine with it, but had to unthread the entire cord on both sides, a few more wraps around the headboard and re thread thru the curtain buckles again, so the cord basically was just about meeting from both sides on the back doors, (via the holes in the door handles of course) then re-sealed it. Only once I had done that would the airline accept it… bit much I thought at the time, but on the other hand I suppose I could see why too.

Londontrucker123:

EddieMD:

Londontrucker123:

EddieMD:
Would it be worth doing? Noticed a couple ads recently for various locations

Why not, it opens another door or two to you…

What part of the country are you in?

I’m in Durham. Looking at it and emailed training place just as I put this post up, got reply saying I need to book through 3rd party (agy), I replied saying g I was looking for info as I wasn’t looking to book without knowing more… Their reply, it’s needed for transporting secure cargo… End of email, needless to say I won’t be contacting them again.
Noticed an ad earlier for Newcastle and seen a couple recently for Manchester and got curios to what it was. Would it pay to have it? Is it a common thing? To be honest I’d never heard of it till recently

It could help get in with folks such as Fed Ex, UPS, DHL and the like. I’m sure they must all have a presence of some sort at Newcastle airport or nearby, even if they don’t fly from there, they will trunk down to East Midlands airport for example to meet the cargo flights.

Being told by the training place to book thru an agency is absolute rubbish. Anyone can go and do a Level D course, what training provider would turn business away is beyond me. Tell them where to go… I did mine while I was on supermarket work, didn’t use it for a few months while I did a bit of research as who was good / bad, etc. around the Heathrow scene, but the training company didn’t care, they took my money and I got my certificate in return. Result.

The background check part of it is the employers responsibility, nothing to do with the course or training provider themselves and shouldn’t cost you anything, it is make sure THEY are being compliant with the aviation regulations.

I’m still getting stonewalled by the training companies. Another saying I need a company to put me forward. Just phoned agency looking for drivers to see if they could point me in the right direction and they were less than helpful

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

EddieMD:
I’m still getting stonewalled by the training companies. Another saying I need a company to put me forward. Just phoned agency looking for drivers to see if they could point me in the right direction and they were less than helpful

What area are you in? what’s your local airport?

Londontrucker123:
I once had a load refused at Heathrow as the goods in people said there was too much cord on show on the back doors - you know, like too many wraps around the rear door handles before it was sealed. Was refused for that alone. Took it back to the yard and explained why it was refused. Company was fine with it, but had to unthread the entire cord on both sides, a few more wraps around the headboard and re thread thru the curtain buckles again, so the cord basically was just about meeting from both sides on the back doors, (via the holes in the door handles of course) then re-sealed it. Only once I had done that would the airline accept it… bit much I thought at the time, but on the other hand I suppose I could see why too.

If that was me, I would have taken photos of all the parts of the trailer that can be opened to so it was secured, and said take it as unknown then. Tell the boss, and he’d charge the airline for re-xraying. Hope your boss charged them for the redirection.

I don’t even bother going though curtain ractets and only go though the door that opens first. Guess knowing the people works a treat.

I once even delievered fright as known with a few holes in the curtains that I didn’t see whilst doing my “daily” checks, FLT driver points out to me, you got holes in your curtain (big enough to get a hand in, they why slice marks behind the straps) I said to him, “Your right, your call to make them unknown”, he said get it sorted out for tomorrow :smiley: Dodgy as ■■■■. Another thing that is dodgy, ■■■■ you put into airlines, that can’t be physically or mechanically screened, get sent over on boat to Amsterdam, and magically get made SPX…

Well this was for the company with the white MAN’s with all the little flags plastered all over them. I think in the big scheme of things it wasn’t a big deal to them. Don’t know if they ever did try to re-charge for another trip etc., I never heard another thing about it.

tommymanc:

EddieMD:

What area are you in? what’s your local airport?

I’m in Durham, local airport would be Newcastle

Eddie, I spoke to a mate at a training company down about what you said about getting turned away and must be put forward by a company / agency, etc.

Well, there has been a change in the rules, as the course information is quite sensitive and not available to the general public, you do have to have a genuine reason now for wanting to do the course, and be put forward by a company / agency with a genuine interest in putting you on it - i.e. they want to put you on their books as an airfreight.

However, all is not lost, leave it with me for now and I’ll make some enquiries tomorrow…

Londontrucker123:
Eddie, I spoke to a mate at a training company down about what you said about getting turned away and must be put forward by a company / agency, etc.

Well, there has been a change in the rules, as the course information is quite sensitive and not available to the general public, you do have to have a genuine reason now for wanting to do the course, and be put forward by a company / agency with a genuine interest in putting you on it - i.e. they want to put you on their books as an airfreight.

However, all is not lost, leave it with me for now and I’ll make some enquiries tomorrow…

I understand the sensitive nature as I spoke to a guy earlier based at Heathrow. Also phoned the agency that is advertising for said drivers after noticing they’re looking for drivers in Glasgow as well…asked them for a bit of advice on how to go about this and her response was “we don’t give advice, just Google it”… I thought Wtf, trying to find info on this is like national security, that was the people trying to recruit. They want guys that already have it… It’s the chicken and the egg scenario… Lol!