Keep your floor clean :)

taffytrucker:

newmercman:
You also have to take into account that you have a different set of regulations north of the border :open_mouth:

In the USA you can drive 11hrs a day and be on duty for 14hrs, during that 14hrs you can work for a maximum of 13hrs, so if you drive all of your 11hrs, that gives you 2hrs on duty but not driving, you have to use this time for your pre-trip inspection, fuelling and checking in at a shipper/receiver. So if you’re on a long trip and run six 11hr days, you’ll have hit your 70hr limit by the end of day 6 when you add the on duty not driving time to it. Then it’s time to park for 34hrs and then you have reset the log book and can start again with a fresh 70hrs. Or you can stretch your 70hrs out over the 8 day period and then when you start day eight you get back the hours from day one, this way you never exceed 70hrs in a rolling 8 day period.

In Canada it’s 70hrs in 7 days, 13hrs driving a day, 16hr duty limit, but to do 16 you must have 2hrs (in min 30min blocks) off during the day to go over 14hrs, you can have 8 off at night and add the missing two hours to the next day’s off duty time or even nick it from the day before if you’ve been off duty for 12hrs or more. You have a 36hr reset period rather than 34hrs and if you’re recapping (staying under 70 all the time) you must have 24hrs off before the end of the 14th day.

So how would that work then if based in Canada?? when in canada drive by their rules and buy US rules when in the US?

Exactly when in Canada you stick to their rules and as soon as you cross the border you switch to the US rules and v.v. Don’t worry about it, it ain’t rocket science and at the driving school you’ll go thru all this stuff and then again at orientation and during your mentor trip if you get lucky enough to get a mentor who doesn’t just abuse you so he can get a few extra miles for himself.

People here are scared of the Elog but I find it a great help, especially for someone in your case Taffy, you can’t go wrong because it tells you exactly what hours you have and when you cross the border you just turn the log to US rules.

The Elog sounds pretty much like our digi cards then Pat where at press of a button it gives you all your driving time for the last 2 weeks as you are not to exceed 90 hrs. From what i have seen so far it looks easier the the EU rules

Pat Hasler:
Still ain’t paying Mick Ha ha.
And Charles, my truck is not 3 weeks old, I got it second hand and it had 140,000 miles on it when I got it, it’s a 2011, not 2012 mate :laughing:

How about a pic Pat :smiley:

BIGRIG:

Pat Hasler:
Still ain’t paying Mick Ha ha.
And Charles, my truck is not 3 weeks old, I got it second hand and it had 140,000 miles on it when I got it, it’s a 2011, not 2012 mate :laughing:

How about a pic Pat :smiley:

There’s a few pic’s of it on the forum but here it is again.

Nice rig Pat :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Oops wrong about something