Just a couple of questions i wondered...?

stick to the speed limit everyone should know the law regarding trucks
your licence your points
YOUR DECISION

Just a quick question on dual carriageways…on the A38 for example where it changes from a dual to just a single carriageway, at some points it changes to three lanes (hills etc…two lanes going up and one going down) would i be correct in assuming that on the two lane (uphill) bit i can do 50, but on the down hill bit i can only do 40 ? At the moment just playing safe as it is not really an issue but was just curious.

joey

not sure where you mean? if we’re talking the m6 end it’s all 40 apart from that it’s dual carriageway to the m1 and a 50 limit (for wagons) apart from one section past derby which is signed 40, into mansfield is dual then single but all posted, unless we’re talking low side of the m6 but i do believe thats all posted as well at least down to the m5. basically if it’s dual carriageway i.e got something dividing the traffic in each direction it’s fifty (again for wagons)unless posted as less.

joeyd:
Just a quick question on dual carriageways…on the A38 for example where it changes from a dual to just a single carriageway, at some points it changes to three lanes (hills etc…two lanes going up and one going down) would i be correct in assuming that on the two lane (uphill) bit i can do 50, but on the down hill bit i can only do 40 ? At the moment just playing safe as it is not really an issue but was just curious.

joey

no, you can only do 50 if theres a barrier (grass, concrete etc) seperating the two carriageways.
2 lanes uphill and one lane downhill without a division is still a single carriageway

The M8?
You mean the strathclyde police free zone which like Brigadoon appears twice daily Mon/Thurs and all day Fri?
I drive with my lights on when I am on the kamakazie highway. Thats for all the car drivers who weave from lane to lane, pass on the hard shoulder, use on ramps to overtake you on inside, especially for the buses from Irvines of Law, Hutchesons of Overtown, Stuarts of Carluke, not forgetting Parks of Hamilton who use the on/off ramp & hard shoulder between Juncts 12 & 13 West as their own personal overtaking lane when we are all crawling towards the city in the rush periods.
Oh., I almost forgot, they also use the dead zone where the M80 joins the M8, except when a cops sitting there!
Just HAD to get that off my chest!!!
As a driver for over 40 yrs, take my advice. If you speed and get caught, YOU pay the fine. So you worked part of the day for nothing! No point to that. I always slow down when the M8 becomes the A8. I also drive at 40 where required. Yes, the average speed cameras DO work. As does the digital camera on Craighall road, Port Dundas (off j 16, up hill to left for possilpark.) Another one towards Milngavie on Balmore Rd outside the cemetary.
Dont go feeding the bears!!
Alex