Iveco Stralis

I’d keep the frogtrotter,stu190’s signature sez it all.

Stu190:
I’m on my 6th stralis in nearly 2 years,

Christ they dont last long them Ivecos :laughing: :laughing:

Blissy:
Christ they dont last long them Ivecos :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: I was waiting for that!, i was sharing my first one for about a year, then i had to have my own, but because the fleet was building up the numbers i was given the Iveco UK hire motors, had 3 of them. 2 were 450 6 leggers and the other was a 500 one.

Then i had one of the fleet cast offs for a few months, and now i’ve got my first new truck all to myself! :smiley:

ellies dad:
I’d keep the frogtrotter,stu190’s signature sez it all.

There not toooo bad really, once you glue the broken bits back on! :smiley:

been driving the 450 the last few days and the cab is fine but the automatic gearbox is horrific, far too much lag between gears - not a patch on the volvo im afraid.

also a few of the electrics have buggered up on me ,radio,night heater etc :confused: i tried changing the burst fuse and nearly blew myself up and thats with the ignition off. no radio i’ll go insane :cry:

the dash is like the starship enterprise - buttons and lights all over the place :laughing:

plus my fuel cap is a stubborn ZB - i’ll need to get some WD40 on it :wink: :laughing:

But its a fine motor a few wee gripes but nothing i couldnt live with - better than my usual crap AXOR :imp:

did you try the battery switch on the dash ?puts the power back on for the radio etc.

merc0447:
been driving the 450 the last few days and the cab is fine but the automatic gearbox is horrific, far too much lag between gears - not a patch on the volvo im afraid.

That’s because the gearbox isn’t “point and shoot” like the Volvo, and a few days isn’t long enough to learn to drive it in. See my post above for a few pointers and give it time. It DOES involve a certain amount of skill, but is great once you’ve acquired it. :wink:

Craig Kirwin runs them I dont know what whines most the Stralis or Kirwin.

Hi,
I have been running around in a 2010 Iveco Stralis…

I don’t see an option for Hill Holder? I.E a button?

Getting used to it by using handbrake… As did’nt know it existed?

Look forward to your reply…

Mark

The hill button is an option. I had no problems living and driving my 450 08 plate, nothing fell off either!
The only problem i had with it was the piston recall meant having to have all 6 pistons replaced, still drove to cornwall and back to leicester at 44tonne tho! :laughing:

Thanks Beetie,

2010 pistons replaced also…

Poor Show…

Dad drives a 500, have to say I absolutely love these lorries. They feel big but the on board computers can be rather temperamental.

Don’t bother if u like having passengers, the passenger seat makes part of the bunk. Very unsociable.

the 430s and450shave got a recall on the the pistonsare breaking up oround the hole the gudgin pin goes through and some are haveing to have new liners con rods and cranks …glad mines a 500 and is said to be ok

I have been driving an ex UK 2002 Gib plated 480 for just over 6 months with now 680K on the clock. Im regularly away for 2 weeks and more at a time and apart from the lack of cab [pace (which you get used too) and Im 6’ 6’’ tall its a very good truck to work in and live in.

Anyone who complains about slow changes needs to learn to “drive” the truck, lock it into manual and it will fly, leave it in auto especially on fairly level terrain and they do very nicely.

For the uninitiated in european work there is a VERY long climb up to Teruel from Castellon and my Stralis storms past pretty much everything of equal power rating - running at similar weights.

The biggest drawback is the fridge, its too small, but the bunk, drivers seat, and driving position is brilliant.

As with all Italian stuff, you do need tio be a bit gentle with them though as everything is plastic - they arent squaddie proof.