Is trucking a Way of life or Just a Job

For me it’s not a job, it’s a religion, nuff sed :smiley:

Just a job for me im afraid, I do it for the money. If I could find a non driving job that paid similar money id be tempted to take it. Long hours, time away from home, lorry driving has never been my “dream” job.

well seems you either like it or don’t. its just a job or a vocation.
each to their own but its good to see no one is calling the other for their choice :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

way of life for me to but it takes a very special person to be married a driver and to understand what it is really all about

definetly in the blood for me,
after 12 years in the army wascertain the last thing i would be doing was driving trucks. however after 13 months doing shunting down birkenhead docks took my class2 got on tramping work and havent looked back… :smiley: im that sad i even spend the wekends building model trucks…right i’ll get me coat!.. :laughing:

Its just a job.

Kenny1975:
I’m in it for the wages i’ll be honest. If the wages got worse i wouldn’t do it.

Don’t get me wrong i enjoy driving trucks.

Some runs are great, espec up the west highlands and places like that, but some are really boring like trunking from Glasgow to the North West of England.

I have to admit when i was doing tramping work i could hack it in the winter, nothing much happening but in the summer got really jeolouse of my mates, being able to go out do stuff during the week, when i was stuck in a roasting hot truck trying to get some sleep in some service station which stank of pee.

HOW CAN THE WAGES GET WORSE :laughing:

I think its both after all is anyone going to do it for nothing ? I won’t and do it for nothing, That don’t seem to deter some companies thinking that they don’t need to pay for this that or the other though. :imp: :unamused:

as i sid
each to their own
main thing is we all get home safely

scania245:

Kenny1975:
I’m in it for the wages i’ll be honest. If the wages got worse i wouldn’t do it.

Don’t get me wrong i enjoy driving trucks.

Some runs are great, espec up the west highlands and places like that, but some are really boring like trunking from Glasgow to the North West of England.

I have to admit when i was doing tramping work i could hack it in the winter, nothing much happening but in the summer got really jeolouse of my mates, being able to go out do stuff during the week, when i was stuck in a roasting hot truck trying to get some sleep in some service station which stank of pee.

HOW CAN THE WAGES GET WORSE :laughing:

A few companies in the west coast of scotland area are trying their best :slight_smile:

kenny anything less than £500 for local
£700 for nights out is a joke.
try and get it :laughing:
transport has been ■■■■ on for years .but i did earn more than this.
zb 20 odd years ago .