In12 endorsement

Harry Monk:

Own Account Driver:
This is why people hate the filth because they spend their time going after ordinary people, who aren’t a danger to society, on smallprint technicalities.

+1.

One for Mickeyblue to debate with his ex colleagues. :wink:

That is until they get hit by an uninsured driver, especially one who thought they were covered when driving dads car. My wife was hit by such an uninsured driver and was injured (she was hit whilst walking along a footpath) the driver was unfamiliar with dads auto and ran straight into her. Because he was uninsured we had to pay for the ambulance and certain hospital fees with no insurance company to claim from.
Personally i’m rather pleased plod do persue uninsured drivers, maybe one day rates will come down because of the success (but knowing the licensed bandits who run insurance companies, I doubt that will happen)

Tazbug

Tazbug:
Personally i’m rather pleased plod do persue uninsured drivers,( so long as they are white indigenous uninsured drivers) maybe one day rates will come down because of the success (but knowing the licensed bandits who run insurance companies, I doubt that will happen)

Fixed that for ya!

On the insurance certificate there is a section about whitch vehicles you are allowed to drive, it will nomrally state the vehcile mentioned above and if you are entitiled to drive other vehicles 3rd party it will state it there if not your not allowed to, it has nothing to do wtih small print or T&C the insurance certificate states vehicles that you can drive under that policy and that is all it will cover regardless of what you were told on the phone
Nower days its becoming more and more common for them to put as harry mentioned sompthing about being able to move a vehicle (with the owners permission) that is obstructing your own vehicle, at that point you check the T&C’s for more information on what this does and doesnt allow you to do

Tazbug:

Harry Monk:

Own Account Driver:
This is why people hate the filth because they spend their time going after ordinary people, who aren’t a danger to society, on smallprint technicalities.

+1.

One for Mickeyblue to debate with his ex colleagues. :wink:

That is until they get hit by an uninsured driver, especially one who thought they were covered when driving dads car. My wife was hit by such an uninsured driver and was injured (she was hit whilst walking along a footpath) the driver was unfamiliar with dads auto and ran straight into her. Because he was uninsured we had to pay for the ambulance and certain hospital fees with no insurance company to claim from.

This may help…
mib.org.uk/Customer+Services … rivers.htm

Tazbug:
Personally i’m rather pleased plod do persue uninsured drivers, maybe one day rates will come down because of the success (but knowing the licensed bandits who run insurance companies, I doubt that will happen)

Tazbug

According to the Motor Insurers Bureau uninsured drivers hike the cost of the average premium by £30. So hopefully you’re right and one day we’ll all be £30 a year better off.

Uninsured drivers cost us £30 a year, Abdul and his mates driving around Birmingham in an insured car doing the cash-for-crash thing cost us £150 a year. I know what I’d sooner save.

Thanks for all your replies. I didnt really mean this to be a discussion on insurance just on the points situation. My son who is 23 is full time pipe fitter welder is fully comp on his fiat punto. Myself and my wife who is a midwife are fully comp on our citroen c3. It was a genuine oversite. he was covered to drive other car on a third party basiswith his previous ins company and when he changed to tescos in july he thought it was the same. An exspensive mistake. Once again thanks for the advice.

Harry Monk:
I’m not taking sides, but it will be clearly written on the insurance certificate if the insured can drive any other vehicle. Most people probably don’t check.

Rather bizarrely, on my truck insurance certificate, it states that although I am only generally insured to drive my own truck, I am also insured to move any vehicle which is causing an obstruction to its passage.

Your not with NFU by any chance, they have a clause which says your insured to move any vehicle by whatever means to gain access/egress from your property :slight_smile: .

sundial:
Thanks for all your replies. I didnt really mean this to be a discussion on insurance just on the points situation. My son who is 23 is full time pipe fitter welder is fully comp on his fiat punto. Myself and my wife who is a midwife are fully comp on our citroen c3. It was a genuine oversite. he was covered to drive other car on a third party basiswith his previous ins company and when he changed to tescos in july he thought it was the same. An exspensive mistake. Once again thanks for the advice.

Gonna have to check my Tesco policy, I know with my fully comp policy I should be insured 3rd party to drive other peeps cars (as long as it wasn’t to get one out of the pound), but they keep changing insurer (Tesco are only introducers), they have whittled some thing down, like the courtesy car, you used to get one from Enterprise, now it’s only through an approved repairer.

youtube.com/watch?v=cP8BGjkGAdg

youtube.com/watch?feature=en … c-euzvhj28

youtube.com/watch?feature=en … FE7qpFq-G4

Saaamon:
I’d agrue that IN10, it depends on what you’ve already said but if your son told you he was insured surely this is enough.

I was thinking the same thing

I disagree. If I went for a job, it wouldn’t be enough for me to tell the man that I had an HGV licence, it would be his legal responsibility to check.

To add to this thread re insurance. I am not allowed to drive anyone else’s car 3rd party. Although I am fully comp on my policy, I am not allowed to because I stated my profession as “driver”. So they won’t cover me for this. :unamused:

a few years ago i got done for no insurance the same as your son ( borowed dads car and thought i was insured )
i got points fine ect and dad didnt get anything even thou he had allowed me to drive the car so there maybe hope for you yet

have you been told your getting done ■■?

sundial:
He should have checked the small print.

don`t you mean YOU should have checked the wording on HIS insurance policy BEFORE you allowed HIM to drive YOUR car?
Afterall your liable for the losses incured by any other driver driving your car … the buck stops with you

Two out of the three car policies I have allow me to drive other cars on third party only basis.

Many years ago it was not unknown for people with more than one car to insure one and use the CoI for the other ones. At that time many insurers did not specify a registration number on CoI.

These days because every vehicle has to be insured the registration number is on the CoI and you have to change it if you change cars.