HSE Finally take us seriously

el gordo 78:
Also bear in mind the HSE document linked to earlier up this thread says that a place of work can be this, that and the other. Surely then the provision of water or facilities to make a hot drink etc should apply to the unit you’re in, and employers should provide a travel kettle :wink:

do you want toilets installing as well then? :laughing:

Giblsa:

el gordo 78:
Also bear in mind the HSE document linked to earlier up this thread says that a place of work can be this, that and the other. Surely then the provision of water or facilities to make a hot drink etc should apply to the unit you’re in, and employers should provide a travel kettle :wink:

do you want toilets installing as well then? :laughing:

Gorra winda aint yer? :laughing:

congrats reef, you found a forkie with a sense of humor and an understanding of human rights,(no offence meant to forklift drivers).
at least he understood what you were getting at…

Had some good replies.but the hse need more info. not just addresses. but reasons for the complaint. it will make things happen much quicker. cheers.

Brilliant news,and one piece of legislation I would like to see taken further.

Could a generic form be produced,that could be printed off,so full details can be taken,and then perhaps a contact name within the HSE be sought,and all complaints sent to him/her?

Ken.

Quinny:
Brilliant news,and one piece of legislation I would like to see taken further.

Could a generic form be produced,that could be printed off,so full details can be taken,and then perhaps a contact name within the HSE be sought,and all complaints sent to him/her?

Ken.

I think I remember reading somewhere that places of work (factories/shops/yard/etc) are obliged to give you the name and contact details of their responsible HSE office/malarkey ■■?

I had a chat with the police at Lancashire police HQ hutton.
they tell me that most areas of the human rights act are civil matters. however as the treatment of drivers at some rdc’s can make the roads unsafe then that is another matter. they have got their top transport man to look into the problems so the police can get involved. I suppose it helped that i’ve been invited to address the house of lords with the outcome. :smiley:

limeyphil:
I have finally had a positive response from the HSE. They were not aware of the fact that keeping drivers in waiting rooms was against the human rights act. so they need full address and postcodes of any companies that deny you access to your cab. deny you access to toilet facilites. generally inadequate facilites.
send a reply with details so i can send them on.

power to you bud ,a lot of us now accept ,stupid site H+S rules just to get a load tipped ,you seem to have the diplomacy /chat/ computer skills to do something for us ,legal
conditions drivers accepted for years are now illeagal .BY LAW :laughing:
keep at it as im moving south :open_mouth: i will give feedback on sites i visit
cant mind the last place i was denied access to a toilet,
but i left them a present. :laughing: