How often do you get a new truck?

Ours are 53 plate mercs. Due to be renewed this August but the way things are, probably not.

Silly faults appearing now. One of ours had the main beam stick on today, even with the headlights off. The stalk was knackered.

So if you were between the A42/M42 jct 11 and Gloucester early this morning, my mate Nik would like to apologise for blinding you all, :laughing:

scania245:
7 years thats nothing a gas (lpg) crowd i worked with kept them for 14 years
and the trailers for 30 years
and in 20+ years of driving ive always avoided the new wagon companys when i could (somebodys got to pay for it ) :question:

can i take it i won this :laughing: whats the prize :question:
anything apart from a new daf is acceptible
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Whenever the dealer impounds them while in for a service, following expiration of lease. :open_mouth:

Happens about every four years.

The company I currently drive for change them every 3 years.

BUT. I have only ever had one new truck in my life. Had a lot of nearly new hand me downs but the glory boys get the nice shiny ones :smiley:

Clarky:
the boss doesnt like scanias, the fleet is volvo and dafs, the scanny was a quick aquisition to fulfil a contract.

:smiley: Sounds like a good Boss, gis a job. :stuck_out_tongue:

Our artics are on 3 year lease, and Iā€™ve just had my second brand new Actros. However, the boss decided to buy my old one as we needed a spare, so it is still in the fleet (3 Actroses, or is it Actri?). We are gradually buying new rigids as the lease ends on the old ones and I think they will be kept longer.

gardun:
(3 Actroses, or is it Actri?). .

Ah ha! A Latin scholar. :laughing:
Perhaps itā€™s Italian and therefore Actrosi. :unamused: :laughing:
Or German and Actrosen? :confused:

Salutations from all the Spardosi.
I love Italian, canā€™t speak it, but I love it. :blush: :laughing:

We only drive classic,vintage motors
(also known up North as sheds)

Denis F:

tonysplodge:
once the tacho gets to 160,000 off they pop. My 07 plate is on 140,000 so clera out time coming up soon.

hardly run in :open_mouth: add another nought would be better :wink:

Was thinking the same is that not hell of low millage for a articā– ā– ? :question:

Right then,
1987 daf 95-350 one of the first :sunglasses:
1989 merc 1735
1992 scania R113
1994 fh12 420 cd globey dogs bollox :sunglasses:
1996 Scania 124 400 topline
2001 actros 2540
2004 stralis 540
2005 stralis 540
2008 kenworth t800 waiting for me to get to canada :wink:

I keep wondering whether to make a bid for those little Ivecos at the tunnel entrance in France. They will be low mileage :smiley:

Spardo:

gardun:
(3 Actroses, or is it Actri?). .

Ah ha! A Latin scholar. :laughing:
Perhaps itā€™s Italian and therefore Actrosi. :unamused: :laughing:
Or German and Actrosen? :confused:

Salutations from all the Spardosi.
I love Italian, canā€™t speak it, but I love it. :blush: :laughing:

Actrosity or Actosities :laughing: