How big is your bag?

The bigger the bag the more pointless crap it will eventually contain, a rucksack works for me fits in the box on the bike.

I have an A4 document box from Staples which also holds my map coffee cup with lid carrier bag for gloves and a front pocket for charger leads, torch Ipod etc.
It all depends on the individual, I change units every day and keep stuff to a minimum the less you have the less chance you have of losing it.

Somebody once looked at me clocking out and said “Size of that bag!!” and it is quite big and heavy. I also do night work, but carry all manner of things for as many eventualities as I can. Bungee straps to hold the suzies up (because I once brought central London to a standstill by snapping a snagged air line and having a faulty shunt valve didn’t help me get out of the situation). I’ve got a few adjustable ratchets and screwdrivers, a large map of the UK, a folder with a hand-drawn map of many of the destinations I’ve been to, which come in handy from time to time. A lunch box, a bottle of water, an emergency can of Red Bull, a torch, a hi viz, a jumper, a mug with tea bags, an emergency ration of tins of Mackerel (I once got stranded for 9 hours with no food), an ipod, tachos, heartburn tablets, cutlery, a tacho timer, fuses, bulbs, 2 spare dog clips, bulldog clips for holding on number plates, a defect book, pens, cable ties, and a book or two to read on those 3 hours waits at depots. I’m sure there is a Beenie hat and one of those rolled up waterproof jackets too.

So yeah, big, heavy, and definitely worth taking the ■■■■ over. lol.

ezydriver:
Somebody once looked at me clocking out and said “Size of that bag!!” and it is quite big and heavy. I also do night work, but carry all manner of things for as many eventualities as I can. Bungee straps to hold the suzies up (because I once brought central London to a standstill by snapping a snagged air line and having a faulty shunt valve didn’t help me get out of the situation). I’ve got a few adjustable ratchets and screwdrivers, a large map of the UK, a folder with a hand-drawn map of many of the destinations I’ve been to, which come in handy from time to time. A lunch box, a bottle of water, an emergency can of Red Bull, a torch, a hi viz, a jumper, a mug with tea bags, an emergency ration of tins of Mackerel (I once got stranded for 9 hours with no food), an ipod, tachos, heartburn tablets, cutlery, a tacho timer, fuses, bulbs, 2 spare dog clips, bulldog clips for holding on number plates, a defect book, pens, cable ties, and a book or two to read on those 3 hours waits at depots. I’m sure there is a Beenie hat and one of those rolled up waterproof jackets too.

The [zb]?

Rob K:

ezydriver:

The [zb]?

Night driving, son. It’s tiring and boring and eyelids start getting heavy.

ezydriver:

Rob K:

ezydriver:

The [zb]?

As a night driver myself I would say that if you can’t complete your shift without necking Red Bull all night then you have some serious issues and need to seek help.

Got one of these today:

argos.co.uk/m/static/Product … 012330.htm

Big enough to fit a map square on the bottom, fits my flask, cup, phone holder, sat nav, gloves, torch etc etc with loads of room left for other essentials/food and with extra pockets at either side. Nice quality, comfortable straps and small enough to be carried over the shoulder/one handed. It looks bigger in the picture but its a nice size.

Found my bag :laughing:

Rob K:

ezydriver:

Rob K:

ezydriver:

The [zb]?

As a night driver myself I would say that if you can’t complete your shift without necking Red Bull all night then you have some serious issues and need to seek help.

That’s why it’s an emergency can - I drink, probably about 2 per year. My shift start time, finish time, length, and lorry change - sometimes considerably - day by day, and on rare occasion it catches up with me. We’re not all on regular runs to a single RDC and back in 8 hours, and at the same time every morning. Sometimes I find myself in rush hour traffic 12 hours in to a 14 hour shift, and I am awake at the time my body is normally entering deep sleep. A person is vulnerable to states of hypnagogia at these times, and for me, a can of Red Bull just lifts that lethal kind of tiredness we’re all prone to, and means I can concentrate better.

Anyway, back on topic. How big’s yer bag?

ezydriver:

Rob K:

ezydriver:

Rob K:

ezydriver:

The [zb]?

That’s why it’s an emergency can - I drink, probably about 2 per year. My shift start time, finish time, length, and lorry change - sometimes considerably - day by day, and on rare occasion it catches up with me. We’re not all on regular runs to a single RDC and back in 8 hours, and at the same time every morning. Sometimes I find myself in rush hour traffic 12 hours in to a 14 hour shift, and I am awake at the time my body is normally entering deep sleep. A person is vulnerable to states of hypnagogia at these times, and for me, a can of Red Bull just lifts that lethal kind of tiredness we’re all prone to, and means I can concentrate better.

Anyway, back on topic. How big’s yer bag?

:stuck_out_tongue: Already showed you my sack size above! :astonished: :open_mouth:

She’s about 5" 9" and a size 20 :open_mouth: I’m in aworld of hurt if she finds this post too!!!

:
She’s about 5" 9" and a size 20 :open_mouth: I’m in aworld of hurt if she finds this post too!!!

You are now , ive just text her the web page :laughing: :laughing:

I got big holdall for clothes (well to top up as already 3 weeks worthin lorry
Got another for dirty clothes. And small rucksack to take clean clothes washbag towellto shower or onto ferry

I do a bit of plating from time to time. Earlier in the year I went to collect a brand new truck and the bloke at reception told me to “leave yer parachute there while i find the keys!” still makes me laugh now!

There isn’t one big enough for my stuff, My truck wardrobe has usually about 6 pairs of jeans, 12 shirts, the cabinet below has about 15 pairs of socks, 6 tee shirts, 12 pairs of boxers, after an week away I usually take a big holdall full of dirty washing, My jackets (3) hang at the back of the cab, under the buck is a full set of Carhartt,s and some insulated boots. When I rarely change trucks it takes about 3 hours to switch because I have so much stuff in my truck.

Think I’ve made an epic FAIL. Just looking through my paperwork which I got sent for my new job and there’s a uniform sheet. One of the things listed is a holdall…

:laughing:

chester:

Legend_Scania:
Iv got a case in the cab but the holdall is when I go on the boat but I have one of theys

m.louisvuitton.co.uk/mobile/eng_ … RAM-M41418

Please tell me you adorn a Panama and accessorise with a walking cane, as you stroll down the quayside towards the boat? :smiley:

Got the case that matches :slight_smile:, I change my hi-vis for my smokers jacket and bowler hat as i stroll to the drivers lounge :wink:

I use one of these for clothes and that
sweatband.com/head-st-tropez … wgodnGcACA

And one of these for laptop, electricals and office stuff.

google.co.uk/shopping/produc … CB8Q8wIwBQ

I do 5-6 nights out a week now and I like to be prepared so there’s power monkeys, free loaders, loads of kit I take in and out with me.

I don’t share my lorry and I leave my TV, Xbox, Tablet, cooking stuff, washing stuff, first aid stuff and maps in the lorry along with loads of other stuff.

Trouble with too big a bag is it’s a balls ache to take in and out

Funny this as I just got a new bag :laughing:
I only do a night out or possibly two nights a week so I dont need anything too big, but I wanted something tough.
So I bought a heavy canvas TF Gear Carryall fishing bag, it has loads of pockets inside and out and can be used daily and for a couple of nights :smiley:

Tough is the word though as a cheap bags will not last long, trust me :blush:

It’s not so much the size of the bag as to how many compartments it has. I take a large bag with me and it doesn’t matter whether I’m looking for my sat nav, my pants, an apple or deoderent … it’s ALWAYS at the bottom of the bag

I have been asked on a few occasions if I’m a tamper, I use three bags and never night out, in the winter I use four bags, two large holdalls and two rucksacks :open_mouth:

I couldn’t in a million years fit what I have in one bag :laughing:
In the wardrobe of my truck I have at least 15 shirts and 6 pairs of jeans, in the cupboard below I carry about 15 pairs of boxers, 15 pairs of socks and 6 tee shirts.
I also take a lap top, and wash bag, a dozen cans of coke and 2 bottles of orange juice to put in the cooler.
Already in the sleeper I have a flat/widescreen TV, 50 DVD’s, coffee, creamer, sugar non perishable food for any emergency, an actual coffee maker and kettle. under the bunk I hae a full Carhart insulated suit along with insulated boots, and cordless drill with fittings, a tool box and a box of spare lamps and bulbs.
My bedding consists of a fitted sheet (3/4 size bed) a double sized duvet, I also have 3 jackets of various thickness hanging in a closet.
Add to that the CB and speaker, maps and various paperwork.

It would take a damm big bag :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: