work 2 hrs
break 15 mins
drive 1.5 hrs
break 30 mins
drive 2 hrs
work 1 hr
drive 2 hrs
work 15 mins

But in that example you’ve got a period of 7 hours work/driving with only a 15 minute break?

Contraflow:

ROG:

Contraflow:
…and how about without using POA?

OK … legal 13 hour shift for both tacho and RTD regs without using POA

work 30 mins
drive 3 hrs
work 2 hrs
break 15 mins
drive 1.5 hrs
break 30 mins
drive 2 hrs
work 1 hr
drive 2 hrs
work 15 mins

But in that example you’ve got a period of 7 hours work/driving with only a 15 minute break?

Nothing wrong with that, perfectly legal for the WTD and tacho regs.

The WTD rules state you cannot work more than 6 hours with a break of at least 15 minutes. in this example the break was taken after 5.5 hours work so well short of the 6 hour maximum. Then another 1.5 hours of work and another break so again the 6 hours not exceeded and finally 5.25 hours work so no break required as again 6 hours work not accumulated.

At no time during this example shift was 4.5 hours driving exceeded with out breaks totalling at least 45 minutes. At no time was more than 6 hours work done without a break of at least 15 minutes and as there were more than 9 hours work in the shift, 12.25 hours in this case, breaks totalling 45 minutes were required for the WTD and there was.

I can only add this = 6 HOUR BREAK RULE

ROG:
I can only add this = 6 HOUR BREAK RULE

Ahh, I see. I was under the impression you needed 30 minutes break before exceeding 6 hours work.

I think I’ll just carry on having two 30 minute breaks (at the very least) like Silver_Surfer suggested though; hourly paid and paid for breaks you see. :sunglasses:

Contraflow:
I was under the impression you needed 30 minutes break before exceeding 6 hours work.

So are many others because either of misinformation from some dcpc trainers or because some companies have a policy which says the driver must take 30 mins … neither of which is the actual law