HOLIDAY PAY.

gov.uk/holiday-entitlement- … the-basics

simplified version, there are various caveats etc

Fatboy slimslow:
NO THE GUY’S NOT TALKING CRAP :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: as mobile workers, you’ve no SET hours! :sunglasses: whatever you do in your previous TWELVE WEEKS! :laughing: is your average holiday pay for your WEEK OFF! :smiley: INCLUDING meal allowance, bonuses ( fuel, ■■■■■■■ or whatever! :wink: ) MOST FIRMS WILL TRY TO FOB YOU OFF WITH £10 per hour for 8/ 10 hours per day THEN TAX YOU FOR THE PLEASURE! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: how dare you have a life away from the truck, and treat your family to a HOLIDAY! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Yes but you have to insist on it as they will try and save a fortune by fobbing you off!

Where I work payroll make regular mistakes to my regular pay too! always check your pay slip because most haulage firms will try and do you over! I would loos hundreds on pounds each you if I didn’t, its £10 here and there!

Winseer:
Is it true that NHS staff get paid more for being off sick than being on duty?

It might explain why the system is soo full of people who don’t seem to give a ■■■■ anymore - let alone the general lack of fitness (among staff!) one sees plodding around hospitals these days.

I know what you mean. I’m sure that when I was a relative youngster, hospital staff, nurses etc generally bustled around at a brisk pace. Now a lot of them are nearly as lardy as some truck drivers and seem content to waddle around at a steady old pace. I find myself for ever having to weave past them in the corridors, even when I’m dragging 450 kilos on a pump truck!

kiwitaff:
How much do you get? is it 8hrs pay 12hrs ? is there a law anywhere that says what you must be paid? Got told today that to just pay a set amount of hours is wrong. they have to pay you an average over the previous so many weeks wages ? Is the guy talking crap ? Thanks.

Yes there is a law, Employment Law.

If you’re on a minimum fixed basic hours they only have to include basic hours. There is no legal requirement to include overtime.

Where the hours are irregular, the holiday pay is allowed to be calculated using an average of the previous 13 weeks, substituting any week where no money was earned for one which there was. For example if out of the previous 12 weeks you only worked 10, they’d have to go back another two paid weeks to make up the 12 paid weeks to calculate the average from.

Winseer:
Get 12.07% of taxable pay added to holiday pot. Seems a better system than anything based on an “average” that can drain away if you have a few short weeks at work… :open_mouth:

If you’re salaried, a weeks pay is a weeks pay regardless of any average hours.

Driver Hire used to work that way when I was with them and I admit I found it by far the fairest way.

Paid an average of the last 8 weeks,best part is I am on a Mon-Fri contract but work every other Sat as a 6th shift but when they work out my holiday pay they divide it over 5 days,so I get more being on holiday than I do at work :smiley:

del949:
Holiday entitlement: Holiday pay - GOV.UK

simplified version, there are various caveats etc

^^^^ This, in conjunction with this: acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=806

washy jnr:
Paid an average of the last 8 weeks,best part is I am on a Mon-Fri contract but work every other Sat as a 6th shift but when they work out my holiday pay they divide it over 5 days,so I get more being on holiday than I do at work :smiley:

Were I was before pay more for a holiday than a flat day, but it is still less than My salary now :wink: