HHO Fuel

First law of thermodynamics
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only change forms.

In any process, the total energy of the universe remains the same.

For a thermodynamic cycle the net heat supplied to the system equals the net work done by the system.

The First Law states that energy cannot be created or destroyed; rather, the amount of energy lost in a steady state process cannot be greater than the amount of energy gained. This is the statement of conservation of energy for a thermodynamic system. It refers to the two ways that a closed system transfers energy to and from its surroundings - by the process of heating (or cooling) and the process of mechanical work. The rate of gain or loss in the stored energy of a system is determined by the rates of these two processes. In open systems, the flow of matter is another energy transfer mechanism, and extra terms must be included in the expression of the first law.

The First Law clarifies the nature of energy. It is a stored quantity which is independent of any particular process path, i.e., it is independent of the system history. If a system undergoes a thermodynamic cycle, whether it becomes warmer, cooler, larger, or smaller, then it will have the same amount of energy each time it returns to a particular state. Mathematically speaking, energy is a state function and infinitesimal changes in the energy are exact differentials.

The First Law, i.e. the law of conservation, has become the most secure of all basic laws of science. At present, it is unquestioned.

I hope that makes it all clear - BUT

The OP refers to a systen that makes savings by causing more complete combustion of the fuel by adding hydrogen to the air intake and therefore using energy that would otherwise have been wasted. It is widely quoted that the “efficiency” of a diesel engine is only about 65% and many people think that this figure relates to the conversion of fuel to energy. It does not - It is the conversion of the energy in the fuel to energy at the wheels and most of the lost 35% is due to friction in the drive chain and lost heat.

The engine manufacturers have invested millions trying to improve fuel consumption and reducing emissions - that’s why we have ad-blue. It is simply inconcievable that they have not investigated adding flammable gas to the fuel however it was produced. I believe that the Australiand have had some success by adding LPG but it doesnt seem to have been taken up in the mainstream.

A thought provoking, indepth, post Santa.

Just 2 thoughts:

So an atomic bomb only gives out as much energy as it took to create it?

Didn’t the late Rathbones bakeries run their artics on gas?

So an atomic bomb only gives out as much energy as it took to create it?

Well er YES:
Nuclear energy is the energy that is trapped inside each atom. One of the laws of the universe is that matter and energy can’t be created nor destroyed. But they can be changed in form.
Matter can be changed into energy. The world’s most famous scientist, Albert Einstein, created the mathematical formula that explains this. It is:

E = m c 2

This equation says:
E [energy] equals m [mass] times c2 [c stands for the velocity or the speed of light. c2 means c times c, or the speed of light raised to the second power – or c-squared.]
You can listen to Einstein’s voice explaining this at: http://www.aip.org/history/einstein/voice1.htm

I think several fleets have experimented with LPG. I used to go to Safeways at Welwyn where they were trying it out but i think range was the problem. LPG takes up more room than diesel for the same total miles and if they run out they have to be towed home. Also with them being red hot on safety they had to wear the full protection gear while fueling up and have the fire brigade standing by. OK - that’s an exaggeration but I think that drivers weren’t allowed to re-fuel themselves.

Think you’ll find trucks run on CNG not LPG.

Yeah but it states on several pages I have seen that it CAN be done!!!

I choose to believe these dodgy web sites, I believe that water will replace diesel…

Any how I might ask our old friend Mr Wogan if he can shed any light on this…

But in the mean time \i shall fill the tank with water from now on, and see how the flux capacitor likes it will also let you all know when my engine packs up.

As you can tell by my ramblings this is in my opinion ■■■■■■■■…Last year I ran my van on 30% diesel an 70% engine oil this worked BUT it needed a special piece of kit to clean the used oil and had a habit of blocking the fuel filter but then you kept needing a new filter at about 15 quid a pop so I kind of saw a result but this fuel is going nowwhere near the new Golf Tdi

happy Dayz… :wink:

Well of course if you have got an older diesel engine (not common rail) then you can run it on cheap cooking oil - 20p a litre from Tesco I believe or second hand from the chippy.

Driveroneuk:

I am sure you are right - my mistake

gardun:
All I am saying is that you are not creating new energy - the energy produced by the hydrogen has to be less than the energy used in creating the hydrogen.

Not true. Scientists in america have created a laser that can fuse atoms so that more energy is released than is generated by the laser beams, something scientists call fusion ignition.

Driveroneuk:

There are systems to allow both.

The CNG systems use purely CNG instead of the diesel.

The LPG systems use both LPG and diesel (something like 10-20% LPG, the rest diesel), see this link.

Paul

bubsy06:

gardun:
All I am saying is that you are not creating new energy - the energy produced by the hydrogen has to be less than the energy used in creating the hydrogen.

Not true. Scientists in america have created a laser that can fuse atoms so that more energy is released than is generated by the laser beams, something scientists call fusion ignition.

So why are we still paying for energy??

gardun:

bubsy06:

gardun:

So why are we still paying for energy??

We will always pay for energy

If you want to drive cheap, build yourself a “holzgas” instalation. Germans were using it during the II WW:

they were even running lorries on that:

or other vehicles:

I heard also they running lorries on it in North Korea

There are some guys still using that in former Yugoslavia:

And here we have a Holzgas fan from Switzerland:

THAT should be a cheap running. If you feel that your engine is loosing power, just stop somewhere in the forrest and go find some brushwood, or simply demount someone’s fence and put the sticks to the stove on the back :wink:

I am not sure thought if you’ll be legal to enter London Low Emisson Zone :grimacing: :grimacing:

Forget microwaves in cabs!!!

We can all have BBQ’s attatched to the arse end and cook healthy food that is good for us via a portable wood burner or BBQ that also gives the vehicle power??

:laughing:

Mad dan:
We can all have BBQ’s attatched to the arse end and cook healthy food that is good for us via a portable wood burner or BBQ that also gives the vehicle power??

Ha! I did not thinked that way!!! :grimacing: