Hands up who does this?

Mike-C:

Rob K:
So in other words you need someone to remind you that we have different speed limits to cars everytime you approach a gatso! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:

Anyhow, thought you were on for B&Q not Walkers.

I was on for Walkers at the time. I change jobs faster than you! The road limit said 60 mph, not “national speed limit”. Now i know full well that my limit is 40mph on single carriageway, but, the warning sign warns car users only who also know full well what their limit is , so in my view it is discriminatory.
The short version is i didn’t expect it to flash me at 50!!

Good job you’ve never been on the A1 in Borders & Lothian then, not to mention the 556 in Cheshire :open_mouth: or the 420 to Swindon :open_mouth: or the A5 to Rugby :open_mouth: cos all those will get you for exceeding 40 when it’s a 60 limit.

smcaul:

Mike-C:
I didn’t vote as i don’t really speed to make schedules, or finish early. When i got flashed speeding it was for no other reaon than it was 1.30am and the roads where dead. Here’s a pic of me getting flashed at 50mph in a 60mph limit.
Look at me go!!!

Uh!! I think you were getting flashed doing 50 in a 50 limit, unless the Govt have decided to increase the speed limit for a truck on a dual carrigeway recently!!!

When did they dual the a15?.

I’ve voted now, as i do exceed the limit .

What I want to know is who decided that we are all up to the same standard in driving.
And that the only people who can drive fast are police, I have seen some terrible driving by police and some of it very unsafe.
I am an exellant driver my driving record will show that, what right does anybody to say I cannot handle the vehicle I am driving because they say they know better.

Driving is an artform it is very skilled and takes a certain kind of person to do it,
if you don’t feel relaxed behind the wheel you shouldn’t be driving.

If your not sure about what your doing, you should not be driving.
If you can’t read situations and falter in your decisiveness you should not be driving.

We are proffessional drivers even though we don’t get proffessional salaries we should get a little more respect from the authorities and the public alike.
Going 56 in the dead of the night when noone else is on the road should not warrant points and a fine, we have been reeled in and are now being chastised for driving to our abillities.

Most of us can drive we have done more training than the average driver we run up more miles than the average driver but we are still being treat like the average driver.

I know there are rules and we shouldn’t be exempt from those rules but could a little discretion be put in place. When we know it is safe, it is safe.