"Forbidden"

del949:
is there a limit on how large a post can be?
Maybe over long posts are ‘forbidden’

I’ve had a quick look at the settings , there appears to be a limit of 6000 characters per post !

Winseer, was your post more than 6000 characters ?

Armagedon:
Let us all remember swearing/foul language is merely a crutch for a crippled tongue.

■■■■

Winseer:
Could some kind moderator PLEASE inform me what keywords NOT to use when writing posts…

I’m getting quite cheesed off with typing a few paragraphs, then losing the lot when I hit “send” and it comes up with “Forbidden”.

I realise I’ve probably used an “inappropriate word” somewhere - but which?

This involves no derogatory remarks, swearwords, etc. The common link is that all the posts affected have something to do with finance/wages/accountancy etc.

Where the hell am I going wrong? :frowning:

I’ve had the same thing happen to me in the past while writing diaries on here, and I couldn’t work out the offending word either and kept trying to post and got blocked completely from the site until I changed my IP address. In my case I managed to narrow it down to one word and oddly enough that was was a building or establishment used by ladies of the night that begins with the letter B. I had only used to word to describe the scene in a town in Nevada where it was all legal but this website wouldn’t let me use the word.

robinhood_1984:

Winseer:
Could some kind moderator PLEASE inform me what keywords NOT to use when writing posts…

I’m getting quite cheesed off with typing a few paragraphs, then losing the lot when I hit “send” and it comes up with “Forbidden”.

This involves no derogatory remarks, swearwords, etc. The common link is that all the posts affected have something to do with finance/wages/accountancy etc.

I’ve had the same thing happen to me in the past while writing diaries on here, and I couldn’t work out the offending word either and kept trying to post and got blocked completely from the site until I changed my IP address. In my case I managed to narrow it down to one word and oddly enough that was was a building or establishment used by ladies of the night that begins with the letter B. I had only used to word to describe the scene in a town in Nevada where it was all legal but this website wouldn’t let me use the word.

Brothel ?

Denis F:

robinhood_1984:

Winseer:

Brothel ?

It must be your internet provider blocking that one :confused:

Denis F:
Brothel ?

Yep, that was the word. I can type it on here now and it works fine but last year it didn’t and I had the same issues Winseer describes. I had thought it was due to the very long nature of the post at first but having tried shortening it, removing bits at a time etc the only thing that allowed me to post was the removal of the word “Brothel”!!

As I said, after so many attempts at reposting the post on trucknet, my IP address got banned and I had to renew it to access this site at all. All very odd.

robinhood_1984:

Denis F:
Brothel ?

Yep, that was the word. I can type it on here now and it works fine but last year it didn’t and I had the same issues Winseer describes. I had thought it was due to the very long nature of the post at first but having tried shortening it, removing bits at a time etc the only thing that allowed me to post was the removal of the word “Brothel”!!

As I said, after so many attempts at reposting the post on trucknet, my IP address got banned and I had to renew it to access this site at all. All very odd.

Very odd as the only IP addresses that get banned are spammers and " brothel" has never been a banned word !

Do you know the IP address that got banned ?

Denis F:
Do you know the IP address that got banned ?

Sorry, I don’t. I only realised it was that when the only way I could log on to trucknet was to use my dongle or another wifi connection. Then I simply went in to my router and did whatever it was you do to change the IP and then it worked fine immediately after that.

I have to admit to occasionally likening management to “couldn’t get laid in a whorehouse” where sometimes “whorehouse” would be substituted for “brothel” or “boudoir” or “bawdy bar”…

I notice on basic internet searches like Yahoo and other big american ones - if you type the same search a few times, it’ll throw up “cannot comply” or something similar - their version of “forbidden” perhaps…?

£££’s or $$$'s doesn’t seem to get blocked by the anti-spamming parsar either. Most strange. :confused:

Baghouse? Nope, not that.

Balldraining boudoir? Not that either. Looks like we’re good to go chaps! :smiley:

Den of iniquity.

Not sure who Den is or where iniquity is. :confused:

Well Den is dirty Den and iniquity is Albert Square