norfolktrucker:

CRAIG-D:

Moose:

norfolktrucker:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

CRAIG-D:
CG would that blue one be the one hardstaffs run as demo with a 550 cat in it

Hello CRAIG D

I’m actually not sure on that one marra. I’ve got a article that featured in Commercial Motor a while ago about it.

As far as I know it was a Paccar demo but I’ll try and find the article and see what it says marra

Fail that, maybe ask Norfolk Trucker?

Kindest regards
CG

I thought this was the Hardstaff one… it dosen’t look blue to me :unamused:

that is the hardstaff one, i am sure they built the truck, i dont think it was ever a foden demo vehicle

aahh yes thats the one i was thinking off…dont know where i got blue from

Terry Seaman & the “blue” Alpha. (from a article in Commercial Motor)

Hello Norfolk trucker

Excellent photo marra. Many thanks

Kindest regards
CG

nickyboy:

Hello nickyboy

Excellent photos marra. Many thanks

Kindest regards
CG

cattle wagon man:
Another new Foden for you, ■■■■■■■■ Gill, taken on the same day.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

cattle wagon man:
Take your pick from this line-up of new Fodens, ■■■■■■■■ Gill ! :sunglasses:

Taken during a visit to the ( then ) DAF/Foden Assembly Plant at Leyland , about 10 years ago.
No-one was allowed to take photos inside the A.P., but there was the opportunity to use the camera outside , in
the compound area.

Hello CWM

Excellent photos marra. Many thanks for those

Don’t suppose you have any idea who the blue Foden Alpha XL rigid was destined for?

Kindest regards
CG

My dad’s tipper firm (RL Noble & Son Ltd) in Leeds has had numerous Alpha Foden’s. I have loads of pics.

Will post some up shortly.

A great tipper man’s lorry. Easy to work on, cheap parts and a good payload. Shame they ditched the marque!

Here’s a taster pic…

Foden450:
My dad’s tipper firm (RL Noble & Son Ltd) in Leeds has had numerous Alpha Foden’s. I have loads of pics.

Will post some up shortly.

A great tipper man’s lorry. Easy to work on, cheap parts and a good payload. Shame they ditched the marque!

Here’s a taster pic…

Hello Foden450

Excellent photo marra. Many thanks for that

What a super looking Alpha in a super livery.
Do you run a large fleet of Fodens?

I will look forward to seeing the other photos!

Kindest regards
CG

More Alpha’s from Noble’s…

CX05 AGZ - In it’s former guise as a JH Jones Bulker

Y972 HUB - 380 ■■■■■■■ in this one

YK04 BTU - 400 CAT

W262 JBU - 380 CAT - As we bought it

W262 JBU - With new Townend Steel body and painted up in RL Noble Colours

Cheers for the comments ■■■■■■■■ Gill.

He has always run a tidy fleet.

Dad ran a fleet of 15 tippers at one stage - He’s always been a Foden MAN, but has dabbled with other marques (MAN, Volvo, Hino to name a few).

He does all his own spannering though and loved the Foden’s as they were so easy to work on.

He is nearing retirement now and after a massive downturn in work in the last few years, just drives one lorry himself now.

I’ve got loads more pics to post up though.

Here’s a few more…

Another 02 Plate 400 CAT we ran for 12 months - Never painted this one though

This was an absolutely mint ex Hanson’s lorry we ran for 12 months - this one didn’t get the fleet paint either. Credit to its former owner this one

Y374 UON - Another 380 CAT derivative. Lovely lorry this one. Never missed a beat

Foden 380.jpg

YG02 PTY - Bought this one brand new from Pelican Engineering in Wakefield (Nearly all the Foden’s we had were bought through them)

KIF_0030.JPG

More from the Noble fleet…

YC02 GDF - 400 CAT - Before Noble Livery

Lorry Pics 26.03.06 004.jpg

MX51 VUA - Another we purchased second hand

Lorry Pics 26.03.06 007.jpg

Fleet line up in 2007 - Note the introduction of 2 new Hino’s to slowly start replacing the Foden’s (Not a patch on the Foden’s btw!)

Hi ■■■■■■■■ Gill,
There were no delivery/destination notes in any of the locked Foden cabs, so I dont know who the intending purchasers were. No keys hiddenunder the front bumpers either , so no visitors could take one for atest drive`, either. :frowning:

A change of colour here , but it`s another new Foden, photographed on the same day at the Assembly Plant.

Foden450:
More Alpha’s from Noble’s…

CX05 AGZ - In it’s former guise as a JH Jones Bulker

Y972 HUB - 380 ■■■■■■■ in this one

YK04 BTU - 400 CAT

W262 JBU - 380 CAT - As we bought it

W262 JBU - With new Townend Steel body and painted up in RL Noble Colours

Hello Foden450

Kindest regards
CG

Foden450:
Cheers for the comments ■■■■■■■■ Gill.

He has always run a tidy fleet.

Dad ran a fleet of 15 tippers at one stage - He’s always been a Foden MAN, but has dabbled with other marques (MAN, Volvo, Hino to name a few).

He does all his own spannering though and loved the Foden’s as they were so easy to work on.

He is nearing retirement now and after a massive downturn in work in the last few years, just drives one lorry himself now.

I’ve got loads more pics to post up though.

Here’s a few more…

Another 02 Plate 400 CAT we ran for 12 months - Never painted this one though

This was an absolutely mint ex Hanson’s lorry we ran for 12 months - this one didn’t get the fleet paint either. Credit to its former owner this one

Y374 UON - Another 380 CAT derivative. Lovely lorry this one. Never missed a beat

YG02 PTY - Bought this one brand new from Pelican Engineering in Wakefield (Nearly all the Foden’s we had were bought through them)

Hello Foden450

Many thanks also for the information about your Dads fleet. Very interesting for a absolute tipper nut!

I will look forward to see the other photos. Please keep them coming!

Kindest regards
CG

cattle wagon man:
Hi ■■■■■■■■ Gill,
There were no delivery/destination notes in any of the locked Foden cabs, so I dont know who the intending purchasers were. No keys hiddenunder the front bumpers either , so no visitors could take one for atest drive`, either. :frowning:

A change of colour here , but it`s another new Foden, photographed on the same day at the Assembly Plant.

Hello CWM

I didn’t think you’d know but its always worth asking marra!

Excellent photo marra. Many thanks for that

Kindest regards
CG

Wm Armstrong (Longtown) Ltd, Longtown, ■■■■■■■

Kindest regards
CG

Unknown North East registered Foden Alpha

Seen at Carlisle Truck Show, ■■■■■■■■ 2012

Kindest regards
CG

C W Griffiths & Sons 2006 Foden Alpha with a Cat 450 engine. They have run numerous Alpha’s, this being the last one on the fleeet. They did have a 2007 Alpha possibly the last Alpha tipper from Foden which was written off in an accident about four years ago.
Cheers Dave.

Two of C W Grifiths Fodens, taken in 2009.

Sold by Ken Watkins, soon after these photo’s were taken in 2009.

Two of several Foden Alpha’s that KTH has run over the last few years. The Y reg is still in use.

One of three Foden Alpha’s that Ivor Duggan still runs, this one fitted with greedy boards for carrying fodder beet in the winter months.