FH XXL

the maoster:

scotstrucker:
nope not over length now since the extra length trailers came on the scene i’m led too believe

Are you sure about that mate? I may well be mistaken but I thought that it was only companies with special dispensation who were allowed to run the longer trailers?

Thought they had to amend the law to allow the trial to take place but i may be wrong

Its not open season for anyone to have a longer trailer, you had to apply for permission to be part of the trial

nightline:

Actrosman:

spooky70:
Gibson’s normally pull tanks so length ain’t a major issue.

Was referring to the unit being a XXL…not many about on UK roads

It has lift axle on it like any other, what’s the big deal, but the cab looks like a fm with a trotter on it

Do you know the difference between a XL and a XXL?

Actrosman:

nightline:

Actrosman:

spooky70:
Gibson’s normally pull tanks so length ain’t a major issue.

Was referring to the unit being a XXL…not many about on UK roads

It has lift axle on it like any other, what’s the big deal, but the cab looks like a fm with a trotter on it

Because it’s longer it makes it look shorter, that’s what I tell the mrs. :wink:

seth 70:

NB12:
The cabs only about 6" deeper than a normal FH, it’s hardly a Longline or Tcab, probably no longer than a standard cab.

danalex84:
With a fridge box on…

Thats a lot bigger than a normal fh,and if its special permits ,wheres the the yellow board on the front :question:

The side locker door is the same size as a normal FH so its actually only the size of the pannel the 750 is stuck on longer than a normal FH :slight_smile:

Actrosman:

X :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wonder if the living space feels much bigger or how much extra storage you get. Any pics of the inside of one of them?

arkin:
Wonder if the living space feels much bigger or how much extra storage you get. Any pics of the inside of one of them?

Go on the volvo utube channel pal,they call it[ welcome to my cab],it gives you a look inside the simon gibsons unit :wink:

seth 70:

arkin:

Go on the volvo utube channel pal,they call it[ welcome to my cab],it gives you a look inside the simon gibsons unit :wink:

Bit underwhelmed, guess I expected more. Nice to have extra bed width though.