Earthquake

I normally work nights but off this week and I was woken by it .
The bed started shaking and I could hear the rumbling ,wondered what the hell was going on until I fully woke up .
My initial thought was someone was shaking the bed :laughing:

paul@midway:
I normally work nights but off this week and I was woken by it .
The bed started shaking and I could hear the rumbling ,wondered what the hell was going on until I fully woke up .
My initial thought was someone was shaking the bed :laughing:

just down the road and didnā€™t feel a thing. me and the misses slept right through it :open_mouth:

jon

The tremor woke me up, the room shook a bit and ornaments rattled for a few secondsā€¦ and that was thatā€¦ Or would have been if we didnt live right alongside Wilton chemical works, Almost directly afterwards the plant behind the village vented off pressure and lit the flare stack, which sounds like a jet engine going off.

They never usually do this at night because of the noise so I assume it was a safety precaution. :cry: :cry:

Felt it here to and got blamed for it.
I thought you fell out of bed she said :open_mouth: :astonished:

Id just nearly dozed when it happend It felt and sounded like a convoy goin passed the bedroom window it woke the mrs up and she nearly ā– ā– ā– ā–  herself but i was just confused not scared just more confused. The mrsā€™s uncle lives in bourne he said it knocked a wardrobe over in his spare bedroom

Rikki-UK:
The tremor woke me up, the room shook a bit and ornaments rattled for a few secondsā€¦ and that was thatā€¦ Or would have been if we didnt live right alongside Wilton chemical works, Almost directly afterwards the plant behind the village vented off pressure and lit the flare stack, which sounds like a jet engine going off.

They never usually do this at night because of the noise so I assume it was a safety precaution. :cry: :cry:

Wiltonā€™s at Redcar!! Love it! :smiley:

The only place Iā€™ve been where you have to have an induction and watch a DVD before they let you on site!!

TM - ā€˜What do you mean youā€™re sat watching a DVD about evacuation proceduresā– ā– ?!!! Stop ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hanging the job out you lazy ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

:laughing:

I felt it here too. Iā€™m off work this week. I was still awake, just dozing off, heard a noise, felt a rumble followed by the cat digging her claws into me. :imp:

EARTHQUAKE ROCKS MANCHESTER:

A major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter Scale hit in the early hours of this morning, with the epicentre in Salford.

The earthquake decimated the area causing approximately Ā£30 worth of damage.

Several priceless collections of mementos from the Toe Rag Badge of Honour Appreciation Society and Scumbag Hall were damaged beyond repair.

Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed.

Many locals were woken well before their Giro cheques arrived. one resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said "It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying.

My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking when I was watching Jerry Springer this morning".

Apparently though, looting, muggings and car crime carried on as normal.

The Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 packets of Doritoā€™s and 70,000 bottles of Home Brew to the area to help the stricken locals.

Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, which include benefit books, GAP jerseys, jewellery from OddBins and bone china from PoundStretcher.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those unfortunate to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after.

Items most needed include: baseball caps, flannelette shirts, thongs and tracksuits.

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same.

Required foodstuffs include, Pringlesā€™ , McDonalds, KFC, ice cream and cans of Carling Super Strength or Bacardi Breezers.

If you would prefer to donate money, 25p buys a biro for filling in compensation forms; Ā£5.00 buys chips, battered fish, crisps and fizzy drinks for a family of 9; Ā£10.00 will pay for a packet of Richmond Blue and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.

PLEASE do not send tents for shelter, as the sight of posh housing is unfair on the population of the neighbouring areas.

I felt it whilst watching Shaun Of The Dead on telly around 1am, thought the zombies were trying to get me!

It nrealy fired me out of bed. The noise was really scary like a plane was coming in to crash.
Dont fancy that too often.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

The largest earthquake to hit Britain for almost quarter of a century was felt across large parts of England in the early hours of this morning.

Its epicentre was 15 miles north of Lincoln, near Market Rasen, and the British Geological Survey reported the 10 second earthquake as measuring 5.3 on the Richter scale - the largest in Britain since 1984.

PMSL at bestbooties. :laughing:
I felt it, it woke me up. I turned over and went back to sleep.
All the coments today on the radio made me laugh.
:laughing:

Never felt a thing - slept right through it - apparently wife was downstairs watching tele and started screaming - really :exclamation: :unamused: :unamused: :slight_smile:

I never felt nuffink innit

i was on the bike at 01.00 and a big crack followed me up the roadā€¦ when i got home i realised it was my arseā€¦ :wink:

:open_mouth: The tremor was also felt in Ellesmere Port. :open_mouth:
Fortunately, no injuries or damage. :smiley:

nothing here ! :laughing:

dave:
i was on the bike at 01.00 and a big crack followed me up the roadā€¦ when i got home i realised it was my arseā€¦ :wink:

ROFL!

I never felt this one, but I did get woken up by the Dudley one a few years ago

Fast asleep and stayed that wayā€¦my mum woke up apparently, so she said.

i woke up and just thought a container had been dropped again by felixstowe port

i was in bed when it started shaking,

Was at my mothers near Retford.Had just gone to bed when the whole house shook :open_mouth: :open_mouth: .Brought down part of the chimney stack but luckily it didnā€™t go through the roof.