Driving with Amber warning lights?

Smoggie89:
Is there anyone with actual proof what is to be do e ? Bigjase care to comment

It’s definitely not OK in VOSA’s eyes to leave with any ABS fault. I thought yours was a brake wear light?

Own Account Driver:

Smoggie89:

It’s definitely not OK in VOSA’s eyes to leave with any ABS fault. I thought yours was a brake wear light?

Yeah mine is mate , that’s what I was on about , what happens if the abs light comes on down the road after picking up a new trailer ? Phone in and head to a place to be fixed or wait for someone to come out

Smoggie89:

Own Account Driver:

Smoggie89:

Yeah mine is mate , that’s what I was on about , what happens if the abs light comes on down the road after picking up a new trailer ? Phone in and head to a place to be fixed or wait for someone to come out

As said, you cannot leave a yerd if ABS fault is on.
Once left, if amber comes on you can continue to your destination where it should be fixed but if red you must stop and get it looked at roadside (hopefully most would use common sense and find the nearest safe place)

I got invited in for a chat with dvsa yesterday, after doing the basic checks, lights & wipers etc, the guy jumps up into the cab & said he wanted to check to make sure there were no abs or other warning lights on, there wasn’t but I didn’t ask what would happen if there were, maybe next week. Been to some places where it was like being in a disco with all the warning lights going off.

shirts:
You cannot opt out of the 10 hour limit for night drivers.

Yes you can. No such thing as a 12hr limit. Maybe you should have done the drivers hours module of the DCPC.

shirts:
Apologies, you may well be correct. It used to be the case that with an agreement in place, it could only be extended to 12 hours. However, having searched for the last 20 minutes, on all the web sites I’ve read, it just says that it can be extended with no mention of the 12 hours…When did that change ?

2005 when it was introduced. It has always been the case.

BillyHunt:
I got invited in for a chat with dvsa yesterday, after doing the basic checks, lights & wipers etc, the guy jumps up into the cab & said he wanted to check to make sure there were no abs or other warning lights on, there wasn’t but I didn’t ask what would happen if there were, maybe next week. Been to some places where it was like being in a disco with all the warning lights going off.

I got in one of our crapper trucks to move it in the yard I was looking for the 50p slot as it was like a fruit machine lol