Driving jobs that dont require a tacho

bt wagons,( on the engineering side, not the artics delivering stores)

Bus routes under the ‘local express’ umbrella (e.g Hull to York) now no longer need to use tacho owing to a landmark court case which now allows those services to be split into sections, merely requiring the driver to change destination blind and ticket machine at a set point/points of the route.

A bit of useless information for you there :smiley:

If your operating on GB Domestic Rules you need a lie(log) book, not a tacho.

Anything where you do not use a public highway - tippers in a mine or fuel trucks at an airport.

Hi scanner.I Think the most relaxing thing with that sort of ‘‘off road’’ work is that you don’t stress about the weight.We normally load from 30 to 40 ton,but if a ton or two more gets put in ‘‘so what’’.By not paying attention one day the loader driver put 52 ton on.Normally that would be cause for a heart attack but it just went a bit slower.

F------g farmers in their tractors bobbing and weaving at 24 mph down the middle of the road screwing up traffic-using red diesel-with no working brake/turn/side/head lights and screwing up your delivery schedule!!!
Also Horse people. Week after next in Stithians Cornwall there is a horsey show/fair that lasts a week.
stithiansshow.org.uk/
The road from Smokey Joes at Scorrier thru to Truluswell roundabout is a total write off. These horse wagons/boxes no tail lights driven down the middle of the road at 25 mph or less so as not to up set the ponies and driven by girls with a car licence-if you are lucky!
VOSA is nowhere to be seen-face it if they nicked them all then what do they do with the ponies?!? Start a VOSA ranch and dress up as cowboys/join the village people?
The A393 is the main North South coast road in mid Cornwall Redruth to Falmouth but not that week-the police are hired by the show for the whole week to make sure that the pony people happily screw up the entire area as they come and go from their local accommodation twice a day in their wagons! Camping OMG not us.
So if anyone is coming down the hill to Cornwall with a Penryn/Falmouth allow an extra 1/2+ day. I deliver locally and it is a nogo for us.
Keep on Lorrying…