Driving In Strong Winds, Should I Be Afraid?

I took my first DD up the M6 on Tueday to Scotland and from Shap onwards it was frightening. Signs saying slow down strong winds brought it down to 40 mph but was still being battered in the end thought sod it if I’m going I’m going regardless of speed. One of our guys did go over last year he ended up with the unit pointing straight up in the air !

ScottishChris:

Peter Smythe:
LOL. Should always be carried - so many uses but we wont go there.

Like Paul, I’ve done a mile or two and never had a problem. Use your noddle and slow down to a speed where you feel you have control. Not rocket science really.

Worst case I had was grown up gales in the Carpathian Alps with an empty box trailer. Joy! But got home unscathed. I think the ones you see laying on their side have possibly not adjusted their speed to deal with the conditions. Either that, or extremely unlucky.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

While I thought slowing down in wind would been common sense, I used have do that when Driving a Tesco Dot Com 3.5ton van!

Snap I drove one of them bad boys!

ash 001:

ScottishChris:

Peter Smythe:
LOL. Should always be carried - so many uses but we wont go there.

Like Paul, I’ve done a mile or two and never had a problem. Use your noddle and slow down to a speed where you feel you have control. Not rocket science really.

Worst case I had was grown up gales in the Carpathian Alps with an empty box trailer. Joy! But got home unscathed. I think the ones you see laying on their side have possibly not adjusted their speed to deal with the conditions. Either that, or extremely unlucky.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

While I thought slowing down in wind would been common sense, I used have do that when Driving a Tesco Dot Com 3.5ton van!

Snap I drove one of them bad boys!

Is that something to be proud of? :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes they were the good days, fun times no hassle :stuck_out_tongue: