Class 1 drivers think they are so superior

I drive everything from 3.5t vans to artics. My pay is the same at the end of the week so who cares.

In fact, If I could drive a van permanently for my artic wage I’d jump at the chance.

so does anyone want to reverse this??

JIMBO47:
0 so does anyone want to reverse this??

Yeh, Where’s desypete when you need him :smiley:

JIMBO47:

I do know that its still one of those weird new fangled artic contraptions where you’ll still have to turn the wheel the wrong way to start it off then it just gets a ‘bit’ more ‘interesting’ after that.Although every steering input will still be the wrong way round compared to a ‘proper’ draw bar outfit. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Meanwhile for all the Class 2 drivers with Grandfather rights.A proper lorry. :smiley:

flickr.com/photos/61550710@N04/8235224229/

+1…yes you try and keep the unit and 1st trailer as straight (in line as possible) then treat as a drawbar lol :blush:

Terry T:
I drive everything from 3.5t vans to artics. My pay is the same at the end of the week so who cares.

In fact, If I could drive a van permanently for my artic wage I’d jump at the chance.

I’m the same I love jumping back into a van , Merc lwb great machines ! and sometimes out with a 7.5 which I don’t mind either and all on class 2 rates :slight_smile: . Just need to get class 1 over with then can drive one of those too …

schrodingers cat:
I stopped driving for a living last October so I look down on all of you. [emoji38]

Ah but did you?

robroy:

JIMBO47:

i am here
sorry i dont talk to class 2 drivers i only reply to class 1 posts

desypete:

robroy:

JIMBO47:

i am here

I think we’ve defined it as ‘class 1’ means anything that you have to turn the steering wheel the wrong way,compared to a drawbar outfit,to make it go in either direction in reverse.Which means anything from a farm tractor with a small trailer to in this case an A train. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

desypete:

robroy:

JIMBO47:
uploadfromtaptalk1422563212185.jpg so does anyone want to reverse this??

i am here

[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

JIMBO47:
uploadfromtaptalk1422563212185.jpg so does anyone want to reverse this??

uploadfromtaptalk1422563212185.jpg

I’d put a side view up, but I haven’t got a wide enough lense.

Terry T:

Same here, happy to drive any size as it makes no difference to my pay.

newmercman:

desypete:

robroy:

JIMBO47:

i am here

[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sorry nmm unless you start pulling those trailers with a rigid using another dolly instead of it being an artic and a drawbar you’re lumbered with being part of his lot. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

static.commercialmotor.com/big-l … 201961.jpg

Makes no difference what I drive and what they drive Geoffrey, I avoid talking to all lorry drivers as much as possible [emoji38]

newmercman:

schrodingers cat:
I stopped driving for a living last October so I look down on all of you. [emoji38]

Ah but did you?

Yes I work for BT now as an aerial cabler, up telegraph poles, so I look down on you literally. :stuck_out_tongue:

schrodingers cat:

newmercman:

schrodingers cat:

Ah but did you?

Yes I work for BT now as an aerial cabler, up telegraph poles, so I look down on you literally. [emoji14]

Whooooosh…

It was in reference to the cat in the box, is it…

Or isn’t it…

its not the size that counts NMM its whether you can reverse it or not … :wink: :laughing: :laughing: ,
lol this thread really cheers me up while im doing my H&S exams… :open_mouth:

newmercman:
Makes no difference what I drive and what they drive Geoffrey, I avoid talking to all lorry drivers as much as possible [emoji38]

Does that mean that all 7.5 tonner drivers are blacklisted after the EU decided to make them class C1’s instead of just car drivers,or only those without grandfather rights to drive a 7.5 tonner on a car licence. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

I never spoke to 7.5t drivers anyway. They’re not lorries, never have been and never will be, just little vans. In fact any four wheeler is only a puddle jumper really, the big long 18tonners are the only real lorries with only two axles.

That isn’t to say I wouldn’t drive a puddle jumper for the right money, as I most definitely would, but that doesn’t change the hierarchy, even though a big rigid can be far more of a headache than an artic in a tight spot, they’re still only little puddle jumpers compared to an artic.

Rigid drivers tend to work harder too, much more physical labour involved, even if it’s only opening doors or curtains, they’ll do it a lot more times a day than an artic driver would. Multi drop work also involves a lot of route planning and knowing how to get the best out of a day’s work, so the drivers themselves are harder working than most artic drivers.

I’m quite lucky to have driven pretty much every configuration on the roads (except the big heavy haul stuff) rigids from 7.5t to 8 wheelers, artics, A frame wagon and drags and also A and B trains.

The bigger the lorry, the more money I seem to earn and I don’t have to work as hard to get it either.

I loved it when I was put in a rigid, easy to reverse, no worries about going anywhere and not be able to turn round, no trailer to uncouple. If the money was the same I’d be straight in a rigid.