Chickens from Middleton on the Wolds

malc7:
The score on the chickens gets worse - they like to do an unpaid induction - ie a shift of 12 hours - it seems they like to see people ‘SHOW WILLING’.

No pay, NO go …ALL inductions should be paid

malc7:
Also - they have an agreement with VOSA apparently - they keep your tacho after your shift and give you a photocopy. I’d like to see a copy of that !

NO WAY - tacho’s are the responsibility of the driver.

They`re talking out of their backside

malc7:
£8 an hour flat for four weeks then £8.75 flat.

I asume that is day rate?
Id expect a min £8 an hour + time&1/2 after 8hrs, on days & £9-£10 an hour + time&1/2 after 8hrs on nights. Dont let them shaft you stand your ground, go elsewhere

a poor flat rate would be nearer £9+ days, £10.50+ nights 6pm-6am. A 5am start time would be paid at £10.50 right through till the end of the shift etc (i.e - tesco Doncaster)
Whereas an average flat rate around Doncaster would be around £10 for days for C1

However with you only having C2 and wanting nights your options are limited. places such as Londis at south emsall might be worth investigating for C2 work

hi, can someone confirm for me please that this post is definately about Soanes?? spoke to a guy today who worked there for years and still has dealings with them, noone who works there knows anything about Soanes being sold on.

Wheel Nut:
I think it is likely to be T Soanes & Sons out of Middleton unless Grampian have bought them out. Conor will tell you more if he sees this.
Have a read of Grampians recent (internet search) history here,

http://www.ukbusinesspark.co.uk/grs21197.htm

hi, can someone confirm for me please that this post is definately about Soanes?? spoke to a guy today who worked there for years and still has dealings with them, noone who works there knows anything about Soanes being sold on.

I didnt think they had, it was probably just the agency guy who was confused

did a few shifts for soanes when i passed class c told the agency never ever send me there again after delivering the chickens had to collect cash and carry that around all shift on arrival back at soanes had to wait in a corridor whilst money was been counted not ideal glad i got my c/e

have you worked out how much in fuel its going to cost you per week and will you be much better off

malc7:
The score on the chickens gets worse - they like to do an unpaid induction - ie a shift of 12 hours - it seems they like to see people ‘SHOW WILLING’.

Nice way of keeping the costs down.

Hmmm. At that point i think i would have thanked them for their time and left. maybe they should ‘show willing’ by actually paying people for work, be it doing the job or learning how to do it.

as for the keeping hold of your tacho thing - wouldn’t fancy my chances explaining that to vosa man at the side of the road!