Camera

Roymondo:
I don’t think any of the speed cameras round that way have the ability to differentiate between large and small vehicles, so at an indicated 54mph you should be safe. Did it flash?

Is the offending camera.

I also think that the cameras are not always on as it cost’s to keep them running, so fingers crossed. I should know by the end of the week

Not sure what you mean by “the ANPR ones” Rog - I assume you mean the average speed “SPECS” cameras? If so, then no, they do not (as used in this country) have the facility to query the number plate with DVLA in real time and apply a different speed limit according to MAM and/or vehicle type. The only ANPR cameras currently used by police in this country that have this connectivity are the ones manned by real live human beings, and used principally to “ping” stolen, uninsured or otherwise “of interest” vehicles for the purposes of stopping them there and then.

That’s not to say the technology cannot easily do this (it can - and in some countries it is used in this manner) but that as currently used and approved in this country, it doesn’t happen.

Is it still 10% + 2?

ANPR/Speed cameras are on the market alertsystems.co.uk/anpr-speed-camera.html

As I said, the technology certainly exists, and is used in some countries (e.g. Australia, I think). But not here. Not yet, at any rate.

Roymondo:
As I said, the technology certainly exists, and is used in some countries (e.g. Australia, I think). But not here. Not yet, at any rate.

They will cost to much to the local area. So far and let’s hope it stays like it there using the cheap ones.

Do you know anything about the camera I posted?

It’s not really a question of cost - all the average speed installations already have networking/comms infrastructure anyway. It’s just a matter of what they are allowed to use within the current legal framework. As and when TPTB@Home Office get around to approving new camera systems, the ability to do live look-ups of vehicle type (and so to apply different limits) will doubtless be introduced.

But no, I know nothing specific about that camera. To repeat my question though - did it flash?

No flash as this sort of camera don’t flash

mickyblue:
No flash as this sort of camera don’t flash

Oh, yes they do! It’s not a bright, white flash - more of a dull purple (the unit is fitted with a magenta filter, to cut down on the amount of light in the visible spectrum). Easily visible nonetheless.

Isn’t it a Truvelo? Didn’t think they flashed?

watch out mickey, ROG will be thinking that a phone call to your boss will be “in order”…

andrew.s:
watch out mickey, ROG will be thinking that a phone call to your boss will be “in order”…

Why would I or anyone else even consider doing that ?

ROG:

andrew.s:

It wouldn’t get ROG anywhere even if he did phone.

Either way I doubt he would. If anyone did phone someone’s company up it’s a very sad thing to do

ROG:

andrew.s:

'Cos you’re a snitch. :laughing:

Contraflow:

ROG:

andrew.s:

'Cos you’re a snitch. :laughing:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Has it happened in the past?

bazza123:
Isn’t it a Truvelo? Didn’t think they flashed?

The Truvelo cameras flash - but it’s not quite the “WTF was that!?” flash of a rear-facing GATSO camera - As I mentioned elsewhere, they have a magenta filter that cuts out most of the visible (to our eyes) light, passing only light at the violet (and ultra-violet) end of the spectrum. The film used is just as sensitive to this light as it is to that in the normal, visible spectrum - but human eyes are not, so while the camera sees a brilliantly flash illuminated picture, we see only a dull purplish ‘thump’. Which is just as well, as otherwise we’d be temporarily blinded by the flash at night…

ROG:

andrew.s:

a post from you on another thread on here-

"If you thought that the manner of his driving was well below what you would expect from such a driver then a call to his boss would be in order " :unamused:

and wasnt there a thread on pistonheads where you grassed someone up for speeding with a landrover and trailer?
my apologies in advance if ive got you mixed up with someone else…

Reporting a driver for unsafe driving etc is not the same as reporting a driver for exceeding a speed limit when done safely !!

Does sound stupid = Your driver was safely going too fast !!!

mickyblue:
Has anyone been done for doing 54 in a 50 by a speed camera? A505 near Bedofrd I think. I wasn’t paying any attention to my speed as I was thinking ahead about the drop etc and BOOM a speed camera appeared from behind a tree that needed cutting as the branch were covering it.

dont worry to much about it. I do 56 along the 505 all the time.